Help me to choose between these headphone models as my first decent one
Jun 15, 2023 at 12:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

MintyMean

New Head-Fier
Hey! I've been struggling to choose my first good headphones. After reading articles and reviews, I got some candidates but can't choose. Would you help me pls?
I'm considering between:

-Sennheiser 560s
-Shure SRH-840A (or 440A)
-Audio-technica 50 (wired, probably)
-Meze 99 Neo (not classic, cause these are above my budget)
-AKG k361 or k371 (wireless or wired)
-Beyerdynamic 770 (32ohm)
-Anker Soundcore Q45 (probably the worst one here, but cheap and popular, idk)

I'm going to blind-buy, unfortunately. And weirdly enough, most of these models (except for Q45 and k361) cost the same here where I live (economy problems).

My preferences: I listen mostly to alternative rock, my fav band is Skillet, also I like a bit of house (dance).
Maybe it sounds weird, but in rock song, I value a beautiful vocal. I can't help but concentrate on the voice, and I love to sing to it, too.
I definitely don't want headphones that would make the vocal muddy, boomy or something. Need a clear sound. I don't have anything against bass, but I can easily get a migraine, so I don't need heavy bass vibrating into my head too much. I'm looking for lower impedance because I would use an iPhone and no amp.

Jun 15, 2023 at 11:25 PM Post #5 of 10
Hey! I've been struggling to choose my first good headphones. After reading articles and reviews, I got some candidates but can't choose. Would you help me pls?
I'm considering between:

-Sennheiser 560s
-Shure SRH-840A (or 440A)
-Audio-technica 50 (wired, probably)
-Meze 99 Neo (not classic, cause these are above my budget)
-AKG k361 or k371 (wireless or wired)
-Beyerdynamic 770 (32ohm)
-Anker Soundcore Q45 (probably the worst one here, but cheap and popular, idk)

I'm going to blind-buy, unfortunately. And weirdly enough, most of these models (except for Q45 and k361) cost the same here where I live (economy problems).

My preferences: I listen mostly to alternative rock, my fav band is Skillet, also I like a bit of house (dance).
Maybe it sounds weird, but in rock song, I value a beautiful vocal. I can't help but concentrate on the voice, and I love to sing to it, too.
I definitely don't want headphones that would make the vocal muddy, boomy or something. Need a clear sound. I don't have anything against bass, but I can easily get a migraine, so I don't need heavy bass vibrating into my head too much. I'm looking for lower impedance because I would use an iPhone and no amp.
On the really economical front, I wanted to offer up something different. Have you ever heard of the Thieaudio Ghost? Supposed to have a really nice sound. ZEOS did a video on them and said they reached peak levels with Meze 109 pads.

I have been thinking about picking up a set with some Brainwavz pads.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/thieaudio-ghost-thread.967117/

Jun 16, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #8 of 10
A couple of questions for you:

- what are your preferred music genres? what is your budget? do you have a preferred sound signature (bright, bassy, neutral)?

Jun 16, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #10 of 10
Do you want something you can drive without an amp, or if properly suggested, you’d be willing to spend 500 including the amp? Moreover, do you want an open back, or do you have an space where a closed back is preferable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back