Help with DAC/Amp selection
Dec 28, 2010 at 4:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

llama_egg

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, after days turned into weeks of constant reading of threads and looking at products I figured I might as well ask and see if you guys can't lead my in the right direction. In a nutshell my Forte sound card has decided to just die on me (and am getting tired with on board like you wouldn't believe), and was originally looking at getting an Asus Sonar STX but after a bit of looking around I've noticed people swearing that going with a DAC/Amp combo would give off better sound quality, but honestly, I'm not 100% sure what to look for.

Currently I'm running a pair of M-Audio Q40's, and while, true, they don't take much to drive, I'm looking to invest in some equipment that's a bit more future proof for when I finally take the plunge on a higher end pair, maybe something like a pair of Denon AH-D7000's or something, but one step at a time eh'? Because of this I don't mind spending $400, maybe even up words to $500 as long as it's worth it in the end.

So great guru's (and guru'etts) of computer audio, help a noob out and I'll forever be grateful (or maybe I'll hate you all for getting me started in the world of expensive audio equipment!
beyersmile.png
)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back