Hiby FC6 - another R-2R USB dongle
Nov 28, 2023 at 7:50 PM Post #346 of 469
hello again, I apologize for my ignorance, and for the inconvenience, I have a question, using hiby music, is the smartphone's DAC bypassed? and does the decoding go directly to the dongle?also the usb c to usb c cable that comes with the dongle and an otg cable?
Thank you
Yes. Well DAC stands for digital to analog conversion, anytime a DAC connects to the smartphone digitally, the smartphone's internal DAC (if any) is bypassed. You're probably thinking more of resampling. For bypassing resampling you want to enable "Exclusive HQ USB audio access" in settings and check that the sample rate shown on the FC6 changes with the sample rates of your recording.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 29, 2023 at 3:27 AM Post #347 of 469
Il DAC interno dello smartphone viene sempre bypassato quando si utilizza un dongle Type-C (o qualsiasi USB). La domanda è se l'SRC (Sample Rate Convertor), un processo di ricampionamento del driver software interno da parte del sistema operativo, viene aggirato o meno. SRC è progettato per essere sempre attivo quando utilizzi il driver audio predefinito fornito dal sistema operativo, indipendentemente dall'app di riproduzione musicale che stai utilizzando. Il modo per aggirare il problema è garantire all'app la modalità esclusiva USB per accedere direttamente al dongle USB, quindi l'app utilizzerà il proprio driver audio invece del driver predefinito del sistema operativo (che coinvolge SRC). Non tutte le app di riproduzione musicale supportano la modalità esclusiva, ma Hiby Music sì (quindi ricorda di selezionare l'impostazione per il driver USB nelle impostazioni e di concedergli l'accesso quando richiesto). Altre popolari app di riproduzione musicale che supportano la modalità USB esclusiva sono UAPP (USB Audio Player Pro) e Onkyo HF Player

wow, thank you so much indeed

Nov 29, 2023 at 6:37 AM Post #348 of 469
Il DAC interno dello smartphone viene sempre bypassato quando si utilizza un dongle Type-C (o qualsiasi USB). La domanda è se l'SRC (Sample Rate Convertor), un processo di ricampionamento del driver software interno da parte del sistema operativo, viene aggirato o meno. SRC è progettato per essere sempre attivo quando utilizzi il driver audio predefinito fornito dal sistema operativo, indipendentemente dall'app di riproduzione musicale che stai utilizzando. Il modo per aggirare il problema è garantire all'app la modalità esclusiva USB per accedere direttamente al dongle USB, quindi l'app utilizzerà il proprio driver audio invece del driver predefinito del sistema operativo (che coinvolge SRC). Non tutte le app di riproduzione musicale supportano la modalità esclusiva, ma Hiby Music sì (quindi ricorda di selezionare l'impostazione per il driver USB nelle impostazioni e di concedergli l'accesso quando richiesto). Altre popolari app di riproduzione musicale che supportano la modalità USB esclusiva sono UAPP (USB Audio Player Pro) e Onkyo HF Player
Thanks 😊

Dec 8, 2023 at 5:40 PM Post #349 of 469
Mine arrived this week and I've been burning it in and listening on various IEMs. So far I have mixed thoughts on it. Need to give it more time and try more configs before I pass judgement.

But a general question: what is the recommended way to disconnect IEMs from it? It doesn't seem like the output is ever muted. If I stop music playback and unplug then I get the crackle/pop sound as the 3.5mm jack sides out and shorts the channels together. If I unplug the dongle after pausing playback I get the sounds of a dying robot in my ears as the power supply caps discharge. Is there a clean way to disconnect without getting a bunch of noise?

In case it matters, I've upgraded to fw1.06.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #350 of 469
Purchased the fc6 from Musicteck with 40% discount.
This little f**cker sounds fantastic.
It makes the Hook X sound so lovely and analog that I can't find words.
I'm comparing it with the AK sp1k + pa10 paired with the Twilight stack and can't believe how great it performs.
Sure it doesn't have such a grand soundstage and dynamics but it has such magical timbre and character that im listening to it for the last 2 days not touching the AK stack.
Maybe im a sucker for this kind of an aggressive but very analog and realistic presentation. The textures are to die for. Love it!

Attachments

• 20231212_225137.jpg
    20231212_225137.jpg
    953.2 KB · Views: 0
Dec 18, 2023 at 6:39 AM Post #351 of 469
Dec 18, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #352 of 469
The broad answer is that you can always double amp any USB dongle (assuming single-end-to-single-end or balanced-to-balanced). How much sonic gain you will get depend on how well the two ends matched up. Generally speaking, the cleaner (higher SNR and lower distortion) the USB dongle sounds, the better the result it should be.
Thank you again for the response and insights. Got one from the Hiby website for 50% off so looking forward to trying it out and reporting back on the experience with my gear. Enjoy the music and thanks again!

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2023 at 10:55 PM Post #353 of 469
IMG_6740.jpeg

Paired FC6 with AUR audio Ascension (their latest iem with 1 (10mm custom dd) + 5 (ba) + 2 (est)
With Crystal Double duet
Sound is phenomenal even on stock usbc cable.
Source :Qobuz Sublime +
Apple iPhone Pro max 15.
For me as a long time audiophile it’s a pinnacle of portable audio. Having both small iem and small source that provide this quality of Sound is a lifetime dream come true.
Honestly, not sure that even venerable Hifiman HM801 can sound better

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2024 at 9:56 PM Post #354 of 469
My Hiby FC6 Review 🙂

Love this little dongle! Never thought a small dongle can sound so good.

YouTube :-

Any support via youtube in form of a like or sub is appreciated, if you dont wish to then you can read my headfi review below.

Headfi :- https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hiby-fc6.26906/reviews#review-32466

It drives my senns hd660S2 superbly. Was p surprised. That full natural magical sound comes through. I need to push the volume to 23-27 range on those cans. Only downside is you get used to the analogue r2r soundscape and other dongles I have for iems start to pale. But just to keep my brain fresh for this differentiating tone, I do use a ibasso etc for a short while everyday! :)

Jan 8, 2024 at 10:04 PM Post #355 of 469
It drives my senns hd660S2 superbly. Was p surprised. That full natural magical sound comes through. I need to push the volume to 23-27 range on those cans. Only downside is you get used to the analogue r2r soundscape and other dongles I have for iems start to pale. But just to keep my brain fresh for this differentiating tone, I do use a ibasso etc for a short while everyday! :)
This! Really second the problem of pale weak Delta Sigma sound (this is any conventional dac chip - AK, ESS, Cirrus.
I opted out of these

Jan 9, 2024 at 1:22 AM Post #356 of 469
I am surprised they drives those headphones well too.
Yes the sound of Hiby is quite addicting. 🙂

Jan 9, 2024 at 11:25 PM Post #357 of 469
I am surprised they drives those headphones well too.
Yes the sound of Hiby is quite addicting. 🙂
However I have problems with the usb thingy staying on phone when moving. (Not just with fc6 but also with ibasso dc3pro) Was good initially but pretty finicky. Is there a good alternative to the usb..

Perhaps i should get something like this https://hifigo.com/products/dd-ddhifi-tc07s?variant=43905505034479

Assuming they aren't finicky and don't end up doing the same.

Jan 9, 2024 at 11:45 PM Post #358 of 469

Users who are viewing this thread

Back