HiBy R3 II--new and improved: physical volume knob, 4.4mm balanced out, increased power
Oct 3, 2023 at 4:33 AM Post #34 of 170
The Gizaudio review said there was no hiss with the same IEM (Andromeda).
It depends on the music. When I listen to louder pop or rock music, the hiss is practically irrelevant. However, when I listen to music with very black background, say, Goldberg’s Variations or Bach’s violin partitas, this hiss is audible and can be somewhat intrusive. It’s not as noisy as my DX300, but I can’t say it has a black background. Very few sources do when driving andro 2020, to be fair.

Oct 3, 2023 at 4:58 AM Post #35 of 170
It depends on the music. When I listen to louder pop or rock music, the hiss is practically irrelevant. However, when I listen to music with very black background, say, Goldberg’s Variations or Bach’s violin partitas, this hiss is audible and can be somewhat intrusive. It’s not as noisy as my DX300, but I can’t say it has a black background. Very few sources do when driving andro 2020, to be fair.
Are you sure it is DAP hiss rather than master tape hiss?

You can prepare empty (zero level) file and test.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2023 at 10:59 PM Post #36 of 170
With the Andro, which source gives you a perfect black background?

Oct 4, 2023 at 1:37 AM Post #37 of 170
With the Andro, which source gives you a perfect black background?
From the top of my head: Topping G5, especially if I use it as pure amp. I usually run my DAP through G5 to listen to Andro.

I remember that A&K SP2000 was pitch black, but I tried that a very long time ago, so I’m not sure.

Oct 4, 2023 at 11:34 PM Post #40 of 170
Oct 5, 2023 at 1:10 AM Post #42 of 170
Last edited:
Oct 5, 2023 at 2:54 AM Post #43 of 170
Oct 5, 2023 at 4:02 AM Post #44 of 170
So at the moment it is just a guess. And not sure why that 2018 thread has got confusing subject update. Just a mess.
If you want confirmation we can just ask @Joe Bloggs or @HiByMusic.

It’s not just HiByOS, but also related operating systems from xDuoo and Shanling that have database limits. If you browse for albums or tracks using the folder views there is no limits. Only if you browse by Album or Artist will you encounter databse limitations.

Oct 5, 2023 at 6:20 AM Post #45 of 170
From the top of my head: Topping G5, especially if I use it as pure amp. I usually run my DAP through G5 to listen to Andro.

I remember that A&K SP2000 was pitch black, but I tried that a very long time ago, so I’m not sure.
Oh, I do not know that the Topping G5 can be used as a standalone amp, have you tried G5 with Mojo2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back