HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jul 2, 2018 at 5:50 AM Post #3,886 of 6,628
Agreed with @Signal2Noise , this image needs context before we can draw some conclusions :)

Anything will break if dropped from high enough or if hit hard enough. since the back of R6 is mostly glass, it should be left with its protector on, and if not, it should be kept away from hard rocks that have a higher durity than glass.
The JD bought in the description was stated as the new packaging was the whole not in the hidden and the player was smashed.

Jul 2, 2018 at 9:08 AM Post #3,890 of 6,628
Hi guys a new issue I just found (I rarely use Spotify), the Pause/Play and Backwards Forwards buttons all seem to not work with Spotify but only affects the Hiby app even with it closed. Is this normal?

Same here but with Qobuz. I was wondering if this was something that was broken by the latest update of Qobuz or R6 firmware :)

Jul 2, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #3,896 of 6,628
Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced balanced amp (2.5mm preferred) to use with CA Andromeda and the r6 that has low output impedance (aside the fiio q1markii?) ? Switching between straight balanced and ifi iematch I feel like straight out is still better, I'm losing so much soundstage with IEmatch on it......

Jul 2, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #3,899 of 6,628
Another question, how do I enable USB DAC mode? when I drag the screen down all I see is Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Audio Settings.
I had the same problem. You need to have something plugged in to the USB c port. After that, pulling down from the top should reveal choices for how to use the port. If nothing is plugged in you won't see it.

Jul 2, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #3,900 of 6,628
I had the same problem. You need to have something plugged in to the USB c port. After that, pulling down from the top should reveal choices for how to use the port. If nothing is plugged in you won't see it.

When I’m in the HiBy app the buttons are working, but outside they are not. Although it seems like they’re working in Apple Music but I can’t be 100% shure, because for some reason Apple Music does not working on R6 for me :)

Alright, thanks guys.

EDIT: I plugged into my pc with the provided cable and it still no dac option, do I need a different cable?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back