HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Aug 16, 2018 at 4:49 AM Post #4,186 of 6,628
Pardon me if this is a dumb question to ask. I've been deciding between the R3 and the R6 to pair with my W50s, would the high OI on the R6 alter the sound signature drastically and should I go with the R3 instead? How does the R3 stack up to the R6 in terms of sound?

I was using W30 (not exactly W50, I know) with R6 and I liked the sound. For me it was the same as with FiiO X5 III so you should be good with both R3 or R6. Soundwise I can't compare R6 to R3 but for me both should sound the same :wink:

Aug 16, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #4,188 of 6,628
I was using W30 (not exactly W50, I know) with R6 and I liked the sound. For me it was the same as with FiiO X5 III so you should be good with both R3 or R6. Soundwise I can't compare R6 to R3 but for me both should sound the same :wink:

Thanks for the replies, that's reassuring to hear. The R6 had everything going for it but the potential change in the westone sound signature was holding me back.

Aug 17, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #4,189 of 6,628
Thanks for the replies, that's reassuring to hear. The R6 had everything going for it but the potential change in the westone sound signature was holding me back.

I have triplefi10s which is known to have terrible reaction to higher OI sources. It wasn't actually too bad through single ended. Balanced was a lot better but still had a change in sound. I ended up buying the iEMatch 2.5. I'm definitely happy that I did that. Another benefit was that the iEMatch for some reason got rid of radio interference. Don't know how that worked but it did and I'm happy.

It's not like the iEMatch is proprietary so you can always use it for other sources. That way, you can take OI out of the equation and make purchase decisions based on other things.

Aug 18, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #4,193 of 6,628
No my glass is not broken. I was thinking if i can take it off and glue leather in there, when i buy the R6. Actually i'm waiting R3 because of the output impedance thumb rule of 1/8 of headphone impedance.

Aug 18, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #4,197 of 6,628
Can someone compare this to lg v20 or v30?
I compared with LG G7+ ThinQ which is rather identical to V30. The R6 delivers a lot more clarity and precision, the sound staging is slightly more dimensional and open. Even when playing YouTube tracks like Bee Gees "How Deep Is Your Love", it sends chills when listening to R6 as it feels like it remastered the track, yet the treble clarity is no sibilant. Switching back the G7+, it felt comparatively hazier. The only advantage the G7 offers is a warmer tonality, fuller bass with longer decay.

I'm almost done with my review and will be sharing my full write-up soon. Cheers!

Aug 18, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #4,198 of 6,628
I compared with LG G7+ ThinQ which is rather identical to V30. The R6 delivers a lot more clarity and precision, the sound staging is slightly more dimensional and open. Even when playing YouTube tracks like Bee Gees "How Deep Is Your Love", it sends chills when listening to R6 as it feels like it remastered the track, yet the treble clarity is no sibilant. Switching back the G7+, it felt comparatively hazier. The only advantage the G7 offers is a warmer tonality, fuller bass with longer decay.

I'm almost done with my review and will be sharing my full write-up soon. Cheers!
Are you sure G7 has quad dac I didn't find any information on LG website?

Aug 18, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #4,199 of 6,628
Can someone compare this to lg v20 or v30?
The biggest difference is the V30 as for options, aside from that the hardware is pretty much identical, and sound should be out very close to it

The V20 has a design flaw where the headphone jack becomes a bit lose and can cut in and out at times or trigger voice commands. Battery life is also not very good. I have a V20 and am wanting to upgrade to a V30/V35 for the readings above.

Form factor is also a big advantage. The V-series are far thinner. Which is why I'm looking to pick up a V30/V35 even though I have a more resolving iBasso DX150.

Are you sure G7 has quad dac I didn't find any information on LG website?

It certainly does, at least here in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back