HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Aug 29, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #4,237 of 6,628
Hi,
I have an A&K Kann that I would like to replace with another DAP because it has an issue with the battery. How does Hiby R6 sound compared to Kann? did anyone listen to both of them?
Thanks

Aug 29, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #4,238 of 6,628
For the current users of the R6 using it as a transport to a DAC. Is it possible to stream Tidal masters/MQA and have the dac unfold it? Does Tidal on the R6 even support masters? I am really hoping to remove my laptop from the desktop rig, but I can't get Tidal masters, may keep the R6 for just for commuting..

Ok, caught the one post from Joe about using Usb audio player pro - has anyone used tidal through that to a dac and see the MQA light turn on their dac? Going to be one of the first things to try out for me..

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #4,240 of 6,628
I tried two different $40 mmcx to 2.5mm balanced cables, and they both cut out on one side as I walked around.

I have the same issue here with an effect audio balanced cable :
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Effect-Audio-EROS-Upgrade-Cable/dp/B06XCR8MJ2
Left channel disconnects easily.

So, this sounds like a consistent and known problem. Has anyone followed up with Hiby yet? Is there a simple fix for this? Will I be the first to inquire about replacement or repair?

Aug 30, 2018 at 2:27 AM Post #4,241 of 6,628
Both Spotify and Tidal delay before playing a new track (Tidal for about 15 secs, Spotify approximately 10 secs). I read a little ways back someone suggested playing Tidal through UAPP... but that isn’t an option for Spotify. Also through UAPP sometimes the tidal tracks skip to the next song or playback completely stops a few seconds into the song. What might be causing this and is there a workaround that might work?

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2018 at 3:44 AM Post #4,243 of 6,628
For the current users of the R6 using it as a transport to a DAC. Is it possible to stream Tidal masters/MQA and have the dac unfold it? Does Tidal on the R6 even support masters?

I don't think that Tidal allows MQA on the mobile app. At least MQA was not available when I was using Tidal on R6, but it was a while ago so maybe they changed their minds about it.

Aug 30, 2018 at 5:56 AM Post #4,244 of 6,628
I can only speculate at this point, but the TIDAL client on UAPP appears to stream the 48kHz MQA version of tracks on TIDAL. This may allow connected MQA-enabled DACs to do the unfolding.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 31, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #4,245 of 6,628
So, this sounds like a consistent and known problem. Has anyone followed up with Hiby yet? Is there a simple fix for this? Will I be the first to inquire about replacement or repair?

Unfortunately same problem here too but I did not contact Hiby up to now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back