HiBy R8 II - HiBy's New High-End DAP
Feb 1, 2024 at 12:26 AM Post #302 of 710
I received the R8ii yesterday, upgrading from the R6 Pro ii.
I'm very impressed at how much better the Radon 6 sounds on the R8ii. Build quality of the DAP is superb, love the alcantara and stainless steel design. It is a chunky boy, and it leans more on the heavier side. That's fine though since the Battery life is a beast on Class A w/ or w/o Turbo mode.

Only downside I encountered is the touchscreen having trouble registering input touches on the top half of the screen, here's to hoping it is a Firmware issue and not hardware.
is it worth upgrading to R8 ii over the R6 Pro II for iems only?

Feb 1, 2024 at 2:46 AM Post #304 of 710
is it worth upgrading to R8 ii over the R6 Pro II for iems only?
Might depend on the IEMs. I really liked R6 P2 when I demo'ed it recently, but since I already have RS6 I thought the upgrade to R8 ii was worth it instead.

Nothing wrong with R6 P2, but for pretty much any IEM with a DD in it, you'll notice an even larger stage, better dynamics and more punch. The pairing with Xe6 is simply extraordinary for example.

R8 ii is definitely thicker and heavier than R6 Pro2, but the trade off is just about worth it for the 2x-3x battery life alone.

Feb 1, 2024 at 2:55 AM Post #305 of 710
Might depend on the IEMs. I really liked R6 P2 when I demo'ed it recently, but since I already have RS6 I thought the upgrade to R8 ii was worth it instead.

Nothing wrong with R6 P2, but for pretty much any IEM with a DD in it, you'll notice an even larger stage, better dynamics and more punch. The pairing with Xe6 is simply extraordinary for example.

R8 ii is definitely thicker and heavier than R6 Pro2, but the trade off is just about worth it for the 2x-3x battery life alone.
I have got the Xenns up, FATfreq SC, Mest mk2, GAEA, and the Heydey. R6 is really great but was wondering if I will get more out of my iems with the R8.

Feb 1, 2024 at 3:58 AM Post #306 of 710

I agree with this.
Upgraded from the R6 Pro ii, and never looked back. Battery life is amazing on Class A + Turbo Mode. It pairs really well with the Radon 6.

Feb 1, 2024 at 6:01 AM Post #307 of 710
So I received the Cayin Multifunctional OD Green Nappa Carrying Case, and well I can use it with N30 (although it's actually a bit tight for it) but it works pretty well with R8 II as well :D. There aren't too many cases with shoulder strap so I think it could interest people here too. It's really solidly built and everything is sound and secure. I fit pretty hefty cables (Orpheus & Cleo Octa II) and 2 IEMs in there along with the DAP.

Maybe there is an existing one from Hiby as well, I have fond memory of the R8 mallet case I must say!

IMG_0756.jpeg

IMG_0752.jpeg

IMG_0753.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2024 at 8:32 AM Post #308 of 710
This thing is a beast. Battery is crazy and you can get a nice workout lifting it lol. Sound impressions coming later. So far I feel the sound is open transparent and definitely nothing like the RS6 in a good way.

Feb 1, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #309 of 710
Sorry if this has been asked before: does the CR08 docking station work with the R8ii?

Feb 1, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #313 of 710
Sorry if this has been asked before: does the CR08 docking station work with the R8ii?
Yes it does...

R8 II (like N30) is longer than RS8 so it sticks a bit out but it's stable :)

IMG_0764.jpeg

IMG_0765.jpeg

Feb 1, 2024 at 6:25 PM Post #314 of 710
@gLer Hey there, battery is not an issue for since I always use my dap at home at work I take a dongle with me. However,

Hey there, battery is not an issue for since I always use my dap at home at work I take a dongle with me. However, The dynamics are they that noticeable to pay 2000 for them ? I feel like the R6 P2 is so good but willing to try the S8 ii before pulling the trigger.

Feb 1, 2024 at 6:31 PM Post #315 of 710
@gLer Hey there, battery is not an issue for since I always use my dap at home at work I take a dongle with me. However,

Hey there, battery is not an issue for since I always use my dap at home at work I take a dongle with me. However, The dynamics are they that noticeable to pay 2000 for them ? I feel like the R6 P2 is so good but willing to try the S8 ii before pulling the trigger.
Have you read theheadphonelist review ? It's wholesome upgrade from R6P2 both technically and tonally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back