HiBy RS8 flagship Darwin R2R Android DAP -- Class A -- news and impressions thread
Jul 22, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #2,597 of 3,407
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 22, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #2,598 of 3,407
Guys, again I don't hear any difference between FIR filters (Filterset V2). I don't hear at all :D Could it be related that I listen to music in UAPP? Maybe it's blocking somehow? I haven't tried listening to Hiby Music yet.

Any advice how can i hear it?

Jul 22, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #2,599 of 3,407
Guys, again I don't hear any difference between FIR filters (Filterset V2). I don't hear at all :D Could it be related that I listen to music in UAPP? Maybe it's blocking somehow? I haven't tried listening to Hiby Music yet.

Talking to the dev of neutronplayer, he told me uapp doesn't have full access to the player api and neutron relies on two api, one that is high perf and one that is the in-built hiby one, both being used by neutron. So it's very possible that using hibymusic or neutron is preferable to try the filters

Jul 22, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #2,600 of 3,407
i have a theory that any settings in uapp are applied after the track is restarted, or with the next track
if the bit-perfect is on, then any interference with the current stream is blocked and the settings are applied after the track is changed/stopped

why did I think so? I turned on Darwin Ultra and on the next track I heard a change in soundstage and imaging. before that the soundstage felt like a hemisphere in front of you, and now it is more like a full sphere and you are in the center of it.

Jul 22, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #2,601 of 3,407
Aren’t oversampling filters acting on ultrasonic frequencies pretty far above the typical audible range? IE maybe some abnormally attuned listeners can, or think they can, hear subtle differences. Maybe there’s some psychoacoustic reason our brains think they prefer one over the other. However, if you’re looking for directly audible and typically noticeable frequency response changes from these filters you are unlikely to find them. Measurement equipment on the other hand can quickly show differences and may provide reasons as to why one is “better” than another.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2023 at 10:33 PM Post #2,602 of 3,407

The differences are most obvious if you are outputting 44.1 or 48kHz audio direct to the DAC. For some, that can be a rare occurrence 😅

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jul 22, 2023 at 10:36 PM Post #2,603 of 3,407
Aren’t oversampling filters acting on ultrasonic frequencies pretty far above the typical audible range? IE maybe some abnormally attuned listeners can, or think they can, hear subtle differences. Maybe there’s some psychoacoustic reason our brains think they prefer one over the other. However, if you’re looking for directly audible and typically noticeable frequency response changes from these filters you are unlikely to find them. Measurement equipment on the other hand can quickly show differences and may provide reasons as to why one is “better” than another.
The NOS modes (both in and out of the filter selection page) and Darwin Ultra at least should provide indisputably audible differences with input at 44.1 or 48kHz.

Jul 23, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #2,604 of 3,407
I use UAPP exclusively and have always heard the filter differences since release. So much so that if I don't set "the one" for a favorite known album, I know something is wrong and have to investigate.

Jul 23, 2023 at 5:40 PM Post #2,605 of 3,407
guys who are involved in updating darwin v2 - thanks for the amazing work! I'm still listening to Darwin Ultra and my HE1000Se sound godlike!

Jul 23, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #2,606 of 3,407
yes, yes indeed. :)

Hello I am not sure if this has ever been discussed , but is there such a thing as a 432Hz, or A=444Hz (528Hz) frequency mode option or "filter" for Hibby player?

I used to use a "432 Player" app and it was definitely a difference and a benificial tool to shift music in real time (if song was in tuned at 440hz).

In a popular old article it says, “The current tuning of modern music, based on A=440 Hz does not harmonize on any level that corresponds to cosmic movement, rhythm, or natural vibration".

Mozart and Verdi both based their music on natural 432 tuning vibration, and A=432 was nicknamed the ‘Verdi tuning.’ Most religious music (all religions) were tuned to 432hz.
ALL ancient and even Egyptian instruments were tuned to 432hz.

Yet most western music, including popular New Age music is still tuned at unnatural A=440Hz. The difference between A=440 Hz and A=432 Hz is only 8 vibrations per second, but it is a perceptible difference in the human consciousness experience

Historic evidence shows the culprit to this modern change was the Rockefeller Foundation.

The switch to A=440Hz “standard tuning,” involved the US Navy’s involvement in “black-op” and military’s acoustic frequency research and technological developments advanced during the 1960s... to induce psychosocial pathology, herd behavior, emotional distress, and “mass hysteria,” all successfully deployed with the 440hz tuning(!).

Alternatively, musical frequencies most beneficial to health, psychosocial harmony, and naturally preferred frequencies to music are with Instruments and voices actually tuned up to A=444Hz frequency.
They are then more acoustically pleasing, instinctively attractive, kinesthetically stimulating, spiritually refreshing. Also scientifically linked to genetic repair, and arguably, even resonating pure LOVE(!).

Many musicians, mathematicians, physicians, physicists, and even geneticists, now celebrate the emergence of truth about A=444Hz (C(5)=528Hz) as an apparent carrier wave of LOVE, broadcasting universally from the heart of the electromagnetic and music energy.

Mathematical analysis that A=444Hz and original A=432 Hz are harmonically related, and both are reportedly, therapeutic.

So having such a future option or "filter" in the Hiby Player, would be a game changer. 👍

Jul 24, 2023 at 2:11 AM Post #2,607 of 3,407
Hello I am not sure if this has ever been discussed , but is there such a thing as a 432Hz, or A=444Hz (528Hz) frequency mode option or "filter" for Hibby player?

I used to use a "432 Player" app and it was definitely a difference and a benificial tool to shift music in real time (if song was in tuned at 440hz).

In a popular old article it says, “The current tuning of modern music, based on A=440 Hz does not harmonize on any level that corresponds to cosmic movement, rhythm, or natural vibration".

Mozart and Verdi both based their music on natural 432 tuning vibration, and A=432 was nicknamed the ‘Verdi tuning.’ Most religious music (all religions) were tuned to 432hz.
ALL ancient and even Egyptian instruments were tuned to 432hz.

Yet most western music, including popular New Age music is still tuned at unnatural A=440Hz. The difference between A=440 Hz and A=432 Hz is only 8 vibrations per second, but it is a perceptible difference in the human consciousness experience

Historic evidence shows the culprit to this modern change was the Rockefeller Foundation.

The switch to A=440Hz “standard tuning,” involved the US Navy’s involvement in “black-op” and military’s acoustic frequency research and technological developments advanced during the 1960s... to induce psychosocial pathology, herd behavior, emotional distress, and “mass hysteria,” all successfully deployed with the 440hz tuning(!).

Alternatively, musical frequencies most beneficial to health, psychosocial harmony, and naturally preferred frequencies to music are with Instruments and voices actually tuned up to A=444Hz frequency.
They are then more acoustically pleasing, instinctively attractive, kinesthetically stimulating, spiritually refreshing. Also scientifically linked to genetic repair, and arguably, even resonating pure LOVE(!).

Many musicians, mathematicians, physicians, physicists, and even geneticists, now celebrate the emergence of truth about A=444Hz (C(5)=528Hz) as an apparent carrier wave of LOVE, broadcasting universally from the heart of the electromagnetic and music energy.

Mathematical analysis that A=444Hz and original A=432 Hz are harmonically related, and both are reportedly, therapeutic.

So having such a future option or "filter" in the Hiby Player, would be a game changer. 👍
woukdld be first and only player with such a feature

Jul 24, 2023 at 3:23 AM Post #2,609 of 3,407
‘darwin tuning style’
if I remember correctly, this is the menu for loading previously saved styles. try pressing the save button, give a name, and then load this preset via darwin tuning style

if I remember incorrectly, then there should be ready-made presets for IEM

Jul 25, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #2,610 of 3,407
Hi guys

My Hiby RS8 is on the way and I'm very excited.

I've decided to move on from the AK SP3000 as I missed the open Android OS.

I have a pair of Meze Lirics and am wondering if the Hiby RS8 has any issues powering them as the SP3000 does struggle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back