Hifiheadphones.co.uk
Feb 21, 2013 at 3:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

ilikepooters

500+ Head-Fier
Wasn't sure where to post this, i bought an Amp so thought i may as well stick it here.

Anyway i'd just like to share with everyone what excellent service i received from this company.

Had a problem initially, ordered a Schiit Lyr and an Asgard turned up instead, mistakes happen so i wasn't too put out. Phoned them up and they were very understanding, i posted it back to them and they refunded the full amount of the postage which was a dizzying £24.50 
eek.gif
 (Wanted to make sure it was insured incase it got damaged/lost in transit, didn't want to be out of pocket)

They despatched my Lyr the same day they received the Asgard back from me, next day delivery too 
biggrin.gif

So now i'm sat here with a lovely powerful Lyr and able to enjoy my Hifimans. 
L3000.gif

So many thanks to John C at www.hifiheadphones.co.uk i can't reccomend them highly enough for you UK people, a real pleasure to do business with.

Feb 22, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #2 of 14
Well that's good but to be honest, that is what I would expect given the circumstances. I once dealt with a company back in the days when the only place to buy heavy duty computer fans was the US. They sent me the wrong one, were not polite when I asked to return it and would not refund the postage to get the wrong one back to them. I think they even charged the postage for the new one to be sent to me, even though the order form on their system left no doubt the mistake had been completely theirs. I suppose it is no surprise that company went out of business about 10 years ago.

I am just curious - was their packing of good quality? I recently dealt with a very well known headphone company who just threw the item in a box with no padding, no nothing. Their explanation was that they were busy. That makes it all OK then...

So all up, yeh, I guess what you got was exceptional service after all :)

Feb 22, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #3 of 14
Quote:
Well that's good but to be honest, that is what I would expect given the circumstances. I once dealt with a company back in the days when the only place to buy heavy duty computer fans was the US. They sent me the wrong one, were not polite when I asked to return it and would not refund the postage to get the wrong one back to them. I think they even charged the postage for the new one to be sent to me, even though the order form on their system left no doubt the mistake had been completely theirs. I suppose it is no surprise that company went out of business about 10 years ago.

I am just curious - was their packing of good quality? I recently dealt with a very well known headphone company who just threw the item in a box with no padding, no nothing. Their explanation was that they were busy. That makes it all OK then...

So all up, yeh, I guess what you got was exceptional service after all :)

It was a box within a box within a box, then obviously the foam block things that hold the amp in place, was no way this bad boy was getting damaged.

Feb 22, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #4 of 14
i may be looking to get the he-400/500 later in the year and this company is one i would consider, so glad to read they sorted you out promptly

Feb 22, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #5 of 14
Do you know any other decent UK retailers? They're a good place to buy but they don't have a great selection of amps and neither does amazon. It's so frustrating living in the UK sometimes!

Feb 22, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:
Do you know any other decent UK retailers? They're a good place to buy but they don't have a great selection of amps and neither does amazon. It's so frustrating living in the UK sometimes!

Audio Affair have a good selection on headphones and gear.

Feb 22, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #7 of 14
what he said and
http://www.analogueseduction.net/

Feb 22, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #8 of 14
nearly forgot
http://www.stoneaudio.co.uk/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back