HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Apr 24, 2024 at 5:24 AM Post #11,866 of 11,881
I have the Eversolo A6 ME. Also have Apple Music and Tidal. Apple Music is more cumbersome but it will play music videos on the A6 but Tidal doesn’t allow videos.

Wonder if Tidal will update that?

With Tidal Connect you can actually 'play' music videos, but you only get the audio part.

You can not see the video on the phone/tablet or the Eversolo display.

Apr 25, 2024 at 1:42 AM Post #11,867 of 11,881
Replacement Arya Stealth just came in. Clamp force is better, headphones finally stays on my head. In comparision to Moondrop Venus it's night and day difference if you have budget amp/dac. I can drive Aryas out of macbook air m2 headphone jack and it sounds miles better than Venus. beb2ce24-b005-41f7-b712-98b50d74e384.jpg

Apr 28, 2024 at 11:23 AM Post #11,869 of 11,881
Is it possible that hifiman send me arya V2 refurb instead of arya V3 that I've ordered? After watching this video it looks like i have V2 earcups, with more rounded grill that is more flush with frame and magnets that are in parallel to it. Box have Stealth magnet sticker tho. Can someone with more knowledge look at photos and tell me if its v3 stealth or v2.

Attachments

• IMG_20240428_170528321.jpg
    IMG_20240428_170528321.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240428_170554565.jpg
    IMG_20240428_170554565.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240428_170507601.jpg
    IMG_20240428_170507601.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Apr 28, 2024 at 9:30 PM Post #11,872 of 11,881
Is it possible that hifiman send me arya V2 refurb instead of arya V3 that I've ordered? After watching this video it looks like i have V2 earcups, with more rounded grill that is more flush with frame and magnets that are in parallel to it. Box have Stealth magnet sticker tho. Can someone with more knowledge look at photos and tell me if its v3 stealth or v2.

I also believe this is the V3 version, as you can see the iconic green tint on the drivers. It's highly likely that Hifiman still has a considerable inventory of V2 earpads, so they just installed V2 earpads on your V3 arya.

Apr 29, 2024 at 1:11 AM Post #11,873 of 11,881
@JuanPablito, you have V3.
1. Green tint on the magnet/driver.
2. Stealth sticker on the box.
I also believe this is the V3 version, as you can see the iconic green tint on the drivers. It's highly likely that Hifiman still has a considerable inventory of V2 earpads, so they just installed V2 earpads on your V3 arya.
yeap, it looks like that, green tint and magnet with 3 rings instead of one and dot. Also noticed that socket on left cup seems to have problem with holding cable, when I insert cable all the way in it poping out like 1mm under his own weight. Right earcup jack does not behave like this, I can't even insert it that last 1mm . I don't know if this is something to worry about. Guess i finally have experienced hifiman QC

Apr 29, 2024 at 9:03 PM Post #11,874 of 11,881
Hey all! Had the chance to demo a V3 a while back and I loved the arya sound. I am hesitant to purchase because I had a pair of headphones crap out on me a while back and now I'm extremely cautious buying from brands with a reputation for bad QC. Curious to hear thoughts.

Another question: A majority of reviews give the organic a slight edge over V3. If one is willing to eq, could a V3 be made to sound exactly like an organic? Or are there other qualities different that can't be replicated? And if the difference can't be made up with eq, do you think organic is worth 50% more than V3? I know that it's actually less retail, but used prices seem to be hovering around $600 and $900 respectively.

Apr 29, 2024 at 10:10 PM Post #11,875 of 11,881
Hey all! Had the chance to demo a V3 a while back and I loved the arya sound. I am hesitant to purchase because I had a pair of headphones crap out on me a while back and now I'm extremely cautious buying from brands with a reputation for bad QC. Curious to hear thoughts.

Another question: A majority of reviews give the organic a slight edge over V3. If one is willing to eq, could a V3 be made to sound exactly like an organic? Or are there other qualities different that can't be replicated? And if the difference can't be made up with eq, do you think organic is worth 50% more than V3? I know that it's actually less retail, but used prices seem to be hovering around $600 and $900 respectively.
I haven't bought the Organic, but all the rest of the Aryas. Couple of weeks ago, I demoed the Organic in the store, and from my perspective, I didn't find qualities in the Organic that the V3 doesn't have. From the perspective of unit materials, both the Organic and the V3 have stealth magnet driver, the Organic adds the Nanometer Diaphragm on top of that, however, if you were to ask how much difference there is between the V3 and the Organic compared to those non-stealth magnet versions, I would say it's very significant.

In terms of sound, the difference between them isn't too significant, the treble of the Organic are more pronounced, it's brighter and has higher extension compared to the V3, but fortunately, it's slightly smoother, without significant sibilance or hissing.

Apr 29, 2024 at 10:56 PM Post #11,876 of 11,881

I'd say the only way you could EQ them to sound virtually indistinguishable would be if you have in-ear mics to check your work. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...a-headphone-review.50705/page-57#post-1853760 (post #1,137) shows an example where I had done this. This was between my Meze Elite and my HE1000se with custom pads. Tonally, they became virtually identical. Anything else would largely be a subjective effect related to differences in cup size and how the headphones feel on the head or due to small things that weren't perfectly matched or perhaps due to differences in distortion performance, though I practically haven't noticed more distortion out of the HE1000se. I can likewise say in my sighted listening that the purely subtle volume-matched tonal differences between my Arya Stealth and HE1000se certainly didn't yield the crazy "soundstaging" or "resolution" advantages most claim. The HE1000se at least measurably is a bit better controlled in frequency response around 4 kHz. For distortion performance, they are basically on par with a currently large margin of error per QC inconsistency. Otherwise, it doesn't hurt to get the best that you can afford so as to at least be content with the looks and build quality and to not suffer from FOMO.

I can say that there is at least a risk of some HiFiMan eggs being shipped with above nominal distortion performance (see https://www.head-fi.org/threads/totl-disappointments.925164/page-63#post-17949397 (post #936)), though in my case, as bad as they looked in my measurements, those problems were barely audible; others were less lucky. Otherwise, if you do manage to receive a unit without issues, the large planar experience is absolutely worth it. Should you be among the unlucky, I've found HiFiMan to be excellent to deal with for obtaining a replacement unit under warranty (within North America, netParcel has yielded excellent return shipping prices), though yes, it took more back and forth for them to supply such on the basis of practically inaudible DIY distortion measurements than from claiming that a driver rattles or had outright died.

May 2, 2024 at 6:31 AM Post #11,877 of 11,881
Thanks for the links.

I have ordered one of these: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005762497503.html

Now it's just to wait a month for it to arrive 😀
Just got the cable from China today. Seems to be well made.

So it only took 2 weeks to get it, not a month, and there was no hassle with duty or VAT.

Seller pays VAT, and as the amount was under €150 there was no duty to pay.

May 2, 2024 at 6:55 AM Post #11,878 of 11,881
Ifi audio idsd gryphon or chord mojo 2? Are they sufficient for driving well Arya's V3? Or should I aim for idsd signature or idsd diablo tier? Tho idsd gryphon features are nice. Anyone have experience with portable DAC AMP combos with Arya?

May 2, 2024 at 7:16 AM Post #11,879 of 11,881
Ifi audio idsd gryphon or chord mojo 2? Are they sufficient for driving well Arya's V3? Or should I aim for idsd signature or idsd diablo tier? Tho idsd gryphon features are nice. Anyone have experience with portable DAC AMP combos with Arya?
FWIW, I have used the Arya Organic like this:
Samsung S24+/Tidal -> AudioQuest Dragonfly Cobalt -> Arya

No problem getting sufficient volume with this setup

May 2, 2024 at 7:41 AM Post #11,880 of 11,881
Mojo2 is more than enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back