HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Mar 11, 2023 at 3:19 AM Post #9,616 of 11,921
You totally missed what I said and what I meant. To wit: When they're brand new out of the box, the Stealth has a small-ish stage - but after they've played/burned for a while (~75 hours of pink noise or bass-heavy music) their stage increases to be virtually the same size as the V2's - but with better timbre, sharper imaging, and more apparent layering out of the box. Both are still an Arya and both still have large stages.....
I agree with you too, but could be he experiences differently.

The same as a lot of people love the violectric amps, while I hate the bass is to much present, too boomy. A lot of people disagree with me, but that’s how I experience it. (Seems to me a lot of people like subwoofers instead of music on their head but that’s also my subjective opinion hahaha)

but coming back, what I experience compared to v2, it seems like it has more stage, but what I hear in the v3 is more tight details which may seem they have not a lot of stage, but I still hear a enourmass stage, but without loosing details which the v2 did. They are both really good, but I prefer the v3

Mar 11, 2023 at 4:31 AM Post #9,617 of 11,921
Just acquired the Arya Stealth Today.
Also ordered a Burson audio conductor 3x performance, very excited about that.

Even straight from my computer, the Aryas sound very pleasant, and add a new level of detail not found on my Fidelio X1.
Comfort is great, although clamp right out of the box is a touch strong, that will go away with time.

Will revert later with proper observations once the Burson comes in !

Mar 11, 2023 at 4:54 AM Post #9,618 of 11,921
Just acquired the Arya Stealth Today.
Also ordered a Burson audio conductor 3x performance, very excited about that.

Even straight from my computer, the Aryas sound very pleasant, and add a new level of detail not found on my Fidelio X1.
Comfort is great, although clamp right out of the box is a touch strong, that will go away with time.

Will revert later with proper observations once the Burson comes in !
I heared them with a conductor performance and reference, on both they sounded great (the reference gave a little bit more stage, but logical they are more expensive).

I really like the burson sound, but there is also a group complaining about it they don’t measure that well. I personally perferred the burson sound over the violectric (eventough they say it measures better)

I also love the ifi sound, but it seems they only have 3200 euro high end integrated… nothing in between, yes the lower models but they can’t compare to the violectrics, burson’s, high end schiitt etc..

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 8:09 AM Post #9,619 of 11,921
I heared them with a conductor performance and reference, on both they sounded great (the reference gave a little bit more stage, but logical they are more expensive).

I really like the burson sound, but there is also a group complaining about it they don’t measure that well. I personally perferred the burson sound over the violectric (eventough they say it measures better)

I also love the ifi sound, but it seems they only have 3200 euro high end integrated… nothing in between, yes the lower models but they can’t compare to the violectrics, burson’s, high end schiitt etc..
But ifi has around €2400 Pro iCan Signature as well...

Mar 12, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #9,621 of 11,921

Measurements have their place - but in no way trumps overall SQ, IMO. IOW, b/c something measures well - doesn't mean that it will sound better than a less-well measuring piece - and vice versa. Once you pass a certain measurement threshold, it's pretty much folly to try to differentiate on measurements alone.....

Mar 13, 2023 at 9:23 AM Post #9,622 of 11,921
How to differentiate v2 from the stealth with the serial numbers? Is there any pattern?

Mar 13, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #9,624 of 11,921
Im enjoying my new head phones but, after watching a video comparison by Chuckolatte on YouTube, I realized my Arya stealth looks different. Mines look more like the v2 (thinner grill). but when I shine a flash light through them I see the 3 rings on the magnet, green glare on the diaphragm, and similar shaped magnets on both inside and outside of the driver. So It looks like I got the new stealth drivers in the old v2 chassis, or maybe they just gave me the wrong grills:sweat_smile:. Does anyone know if the grills will impact the sound quality? Either way they still sound good to me.

Mar 13, 2023 at 10:57 PM Post #9,625 of 11,921
I haven't heard of any pattern. I emailed Hifiman support with my serial numbers and they confirmed that I had an Arya Stealth.
Thank you. Mailed the Hifiman customer support the serial numbers and got the confirmation that its Arya Stealth!

Mar 13, 2023 at 10:58 PM Post #9,626 of 11,921
Im enjoying my new head phones but, after watching a video comparison by Chuckolatte on YouTube, I realized my Arya stealth looks different. Mines look more like the v2 (thinner grill). but when I shine a flash light through them I see the 3 rings on the magnet, green glare on the diaphragm, and similar shaped magnets on both inside and outside of the driver. So It looks like I got the new stealth drivers in the old v2 chassis, or maybe they just gave me the wrong grills:sweat_smile:. Does anyone know if the grills will impact the sound quality? Either way they still sound good to me.
Are the grills sharp or are they rounded?

Mar 16, 2023 at 1:43 AM Post #9,628 of 11,921
Are discreet amps still recommended for the Arya SE? I was thinking of upgrading to a Topping DX3 Pro+ or EX5 (balanced) from my Schiit Modi 3 / Magni Heresy stack, but if a better stack or AIO (ideally under $500-800) pops up then I would go for that. I read some comments that say that a discreet amp makes a substantial difference.

Mar 16, 2023 at 2:20 AM Post #9,629 of 11,921
Are discreet amps still recommended for the Arya SE? I was thinking of upgrading to a Topping DX3 Pro+ or EX5 (balanced) from my Schiit Modi 3 / Magni Heresy stack, but if a better stack or AIO (ideally under $500-800) pops up then I would go for that. I read some comments that say that a discreet amp makes a substantial difference.
A good aio solution with discrete amplification stages are the Aune X1S GT and the Yulong Aurora.

Mar 16, 2023 at 2:26 AM Post #9,630 of 11,921
Try the hifiman ef400 or the new coming ef600

Users who are viewing this thread

Back