High End Cables Thread (digital, analog, power)
Oct 28, 2020 at 7:03 AM Post #31 of 881
@Roasty Completely agree. For the cost, it's a no brainer even if I end up liking the the other cables more. I'm also getting a full loom from from Triode Wire Labs. So many great reviews out there, plus it's nice that Pete takes the time to cook the cables before he sends them out. I also spoke to Robert at Cerious, he's offering an insane deal on 5 or more cables. Hard to pass up but the flexibility you guys are reporting has me concerned.

Most of the audio equipment (like DAC, headphone amplifier) is not so weighty that oftentimes a stiff cable will make it hard to sit well. It would be more painful if you've got an extra footer. It will make you scream (I did!) when the weight of the equipment does not rest all on the footers but on the cable instead. no matter how you position the footers.

I have learned my lesson and I try to avoid the stiff ones ever since. Although they do sound fantastic, I just don't think it's worth the trouble :)

Oct 28, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #32 of 881
I caved and ordered another 1m lush^3, and am also going to try out his et^3 ethernet cable. Let's see how the ethernet compares to the FTA offering.

Oct 28, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #33 of 881
I caved and ordered another 1m lush^3, and am also going to try out his et^3 ethernet cable. Let's see how the ethernet compares to the FTA offering.

I'm about to do the same. Are you going to experiment with the jumper configurations or just set it and forget it?

Oct 28, 2020 at 9:48 PM Post #34 of 881
I just ordered a 185 ft spool of JPS Labs in-wall power cable to run dedicated lines for front end and amplication from my breaker box. I feel crazy for allowing this hobby to pull me down this very expensive black hole.

Oct 28, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #35 of 881
I'm about to do the same. Are you going to experiment with the jumper configurations or just set it and forget it?

I am just leaving it at the current best setting described on the other forum. As of now, I can't find any reason to change it up.

As ridiculous as it may sound, that short 40cm length of cable has literally changed my listening experience with the Susvara. With songs that were previously bordering on almost unbearable to listen to (due to sharpness, brightness, harshness), I now play them with even higher volume as they're so much more listenable and enjoyable.

I couldn't help but wonder if changing the sotm to Innuos cable would add even more sonic benefit, so I just had to take the plunge.

Did so much a/b testing over the past few days. My ears cannot deny the change.

Oct 28, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #36 of 881
@Roasty very interesting. I find the sibilance and harsh highs much worse on the Abyss TCs than the Susvaras. My headphones, amp, and cables are all brand new, so figured they just needed some burn-in time to settle down. Looking forward to more listening reports from you with the Phasure cabling.

Nov 26, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #37 of 881
Have u considered the mad scientist black magic usb? I find it has better low end and less forward presentation, and overall more balanced sound. I prefer it over the Curious Evolved.

I chanced into the mad scientist, and it beat my commercial cable and two DIY's. But it didn't seem right somehow. Another month a friend in the trade laid a SPC cable on me from a piece of no longer made cable, and it was much deeper and sweeter sounding with a terrific extended treble w/ no brightness. MS is sitting in storage for like two years.

Nov 26, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #38 of 881
I chanced into the mad scientist, and it beat my commercial cable and two DIY's. But it didn't seem right somehow. Another month a friend in the trade laid a SPC cable on me from a piece of no longer made cable, and it was much deeper and sweeter sounding with a terrific extended treble w/ no brightness. MS is sitting in storage for like two years.

why is it no longer being made?
my black magic is also not being used at present, having tried other better cables. For the price, it is a good option though.

Nov 26, 2020 at 7:26 PM Post #39 of 881
why is it no longer being made?
my black magic is also not being used at present, having tried other better cables. For the price, it is a good option though.

I think its a bit to Heretical for commercial success

Nov 26, 2020 at 11:47 PM Post #40 of 881
Also had the Black Magic USB( living in New Zealand it is a no brainer)but couldn’t tell the difference to some cheaper ones. When I got the Wireworld Platinum I was shocked by the improvement and right now I am happy with the Curious.
The Audioquest Vodka Ethernet also made a substantial improvement.

Nov 26, 2020 at 11:52 PM Post #41 of 881
Also had the Black Magic USB( living in New Zealand it is a no brainer)but couldn’t tell the difference to some cheaper ones. When I got the Wireworld Platinum I was shocked by the improvement and right now I am happy with the Curious.
The Audioquest Vodka Ethernet also made a substantial improvement.

I've not tried the Wireworld or AQ vodka. I do have a new ethernet cable and filter set from Network Acoustics on the way. Looking forward to testing it against fiberoptic connection + EtherRegen.

Nov 26, 2020 at 11:59 PM Post #42 of 881
Nov 27, 2020 at 12:10 AM Post #43 of 881
I've not tried the Wireworld or AQ vodka. I do have a new ethernet cable and filter set from Network Acoustics on the way. Looking forward to testing it against fiberoptic connection + EtherRegen.
The Wireworld Platinum Starlight 8USB was so shockingly revealing and produced so much detail that it took me a few days to get used to it.
It was so *lively* that it made me actually nervous and restless and it took a week or so for my brain to adjust. Best cable to convince agnostics.

Nov 28, 2020 at 1:40 AM Post #44 of 881
20201128_143337.jpg
20201128_143350.jpg
20201128_143358.jpg
20201128_143524.jpg
20201128_143548.jpg

Decided to give the Pink Faun i2s cable a try. Thickest i2s/hdmi cable I've had yet! Will try to find some time tonight to pop it into the system.

Nov 28, 2020 at 4:31 AM Post #45 of 881
The Wireworld Platinum Starlight 8USB was so shockingly revealing and produced so much detail that it took me a few days to get used to it.
It was so *lively* that it made me actually nervous and restless and it took a week or so for my brain to adjust. Best cable to convince agnostics.
Where did you buy it? I saw on their website that its: Coming soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back