Hissing sound from headphone?
Dec 9, 2014 at 12:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

sniperwill0

Head-Fier
Hello all. For a good while now, I've been hearing this hissing sound coming out of the right ear of my HD 558s. It gets louder when I turn my volume knob on my amp (Schiit Magni) down, and is the loudest when the knob is turned down all the way. The hissing goes away if I turn my volume up to a certain level. Also, the pitch of the sound rises and falls when I move my headphone cable up and down. My amp is coupled to my DAC (Schiit Modi), which plugs into my computer via USB. Not sure what's wrong, any ideas?

Dec 9, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #2 of 3
check your grounding on the DAC / AMP you have.  Or make sure there isn't any interference (cables, bad outlet? etc..)

to see if the problem lies in your headphones or DAC/AMP, try plugging your headphones into another device.  

Dec 9, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #3 of 3
It could be interference. There is quite a bit of cabling around my computer (speakers/sub/monitor cable/extension board etc.) 

I can't really try them on another device as they have a quarter inch jack unfortunately. Although, when I plug in my IEM's, the noise is gone. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back