How much better can the DAP listening experience get?
Feb 10, 2015 at 5:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jlbrach

Headphoneus Supremus
I own aa AK240 and a 120 Titan with the Glove Audio setup....i am using a shure 846 balanced cable....the sound with both is glorious...i am wondering other than UI improvements or better battery life and capacity increases how much better can the DAP get?To me any differences or even improvements i hear now are nuances and very incremental not like the last few years where improvements were blatant and obvious....i am wondering what others think?

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #2 of 6
Well. My opinion is that there is not much left. Lean back, enjoy your audio bliss, immerse yourself in the music and be happy. You are there. Since I have the Gloveaudio A1 from CEntrance the quest for better playing capability is gone.:)

However, headphones and earphones still make a difference. I am still waiting on the arrival of my balanced cables and I have not yet made the jump to the SE846 yet....

Feb 11, 2015 at 7:50 AM Post #3 of 6
Other than buying a Hugo, which is indeed an incremental improvement, you're pretty much where it is at. If you have an itch to spend more money, music is the best option. 
smile.gif

Feb 11, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #5 of 6
  Damn, you guys make me want to try a glove. How long does it take to get your AK in or out of it? I'd still want the smallness of a stand alone AK100 Mk2 most of the time.

If you have your Allen Key handy (you need it to unscrew 2 screws, easy) it will take around 30-60 seconds depending on your OCD. The AK100 really sits rock solid in the Glove (hence the name) and has no play whatsoever. 

Cheers,
K
PS: I know it sounds snobbish but due to a order and bidding mishap on eBay  I ended up with a Ak100 Mk1 and a AK100 Mk2 and I decided to keep both, for convenience. Because I like leather cases, the Glove doesn't allow the AK100 to be in the leather case - so I am using two....one for super mobility, one for ultra sound quality...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back