How to rip DVD-A discs
Feb 8, 2015 at 10:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

samandhi

Headphoneus Supremus
  I have some DVD-A discs that I purchased a while back, and my DVD player that is capable of playing SACD and DVD-A discs died on me. Is there some sort of software that I can install on my PC that will help me rip these discs to my collection? I am using Windows 8.1. I have found a couple of pieces of software that claim to work (and maybe they do), but I cannot even get the software to run (even clicking "Run as Administrator") to install.

TIA for any help...!

Feb 9, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #2 of 5
As far as I know, you can't rip SACD. All you can do is possibly capture the multi-channel analog streams. I think the Oppo blu-ray players can still play back both DVD-A and SACD. I've never done it, but I thought DVD-A could be ripped with DVDAExplorer. I have no idea if there is a version that runs on Win7+.

I just downloaded DVDAExplorer from here: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/DVD-Audio-Explorer

It runs on my Win 7 computer, but I don't have any DVD-A discs to actually try a rip.

Feb 9, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #3 of 5
As far as I know, you can't rip SACD. All you can do is possibly capture the multi-channel analog streams. I think the Oppo blu-ray players can still play back both DVD-A and SACD. I've never done it, but I thought DVD-A could be ripped with DVDAExplorer. I have no idea if there is a version that runs on Win7+.

I just downloaded DVDAExplorer from here: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/DVD-Audio-Explorer

It runs on my Win 7 computer, but I don't have any DVD-A discs to actually try a rip.

Ok, thanks! Maybe I have been downloading the software from the wrong site or something.... I'll give it a go.

Feb 9, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #4 of 5
  That software link worked like a charm. I must have been downloading crap, from other links I have found. I have actually tried to download this software and another app (can't remember the name). Thanks so much! Problem solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back