I Found An Amazing CD Player - XBOX ONE
Dec 31, 2013 at 7:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Uncle00Jesse

500+ Head-Fier
All I can say is wow. I haven't been around here in almost a year and have been enjoying my LCD-3s immensely in that time span. Lately I have started to tire of the aggressiveness of the gungnir/mjonir rig I've been running. I thought it may be the pc or sbt and that I should go out and find a CD player to play the hoards of CDs in my house collecting dust. I'm a huge gamer so the XBOX One was going to be in my home no matter what. I hooked up the xbox through optical out to the gungnir with little expectations for it. I fired up American Beauty and WOW I was blown away. The sibilance in Sugar Magnolia always bothered me but not any more. Unbelievable smooth and analog-like. My LCDs feel alive again. Very good on Microsoft for slipping this gem into their box. If any of you have the one, definitely give it a try. You may be surprised and end up with your primary CD player like me.

Jan 1, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #4 of 5
I hate to burst bubbles but the when outputting LPCM over optical there really isn't much to thank the transport for other than not skipping or otherwise have errors reading the disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back