HE-500
Dac Gungnir
Amp Lyr
Music  New adg Cillout  some times Trance
The Budget 700$ max
What headphone should I get ?

Thx

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #2 of 11
Not a headphone, just use equalizer. The only headphones with better bass than HE500 are Audezes, and they don't go for $700. If you want more (rather than better) just use equalizer, seriously. Or just give up on hi-fi headphones, the point of high fidelity is having the right amount of bass, not emphasized bass.

Jul 17, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #3 of 11
Thx  wildstar

Audezes  2 or 3? maybe I can save some to get it

Jul 17, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #6 of 11
Monster Beats!

tongue_smile.gif

And if you dont want Beats, lots of people like LCD-2 with the Lyr 
normal_smile .gif

Jul 17, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #7 of 11
Thx  wildstar

Audezes  2 or 3? maybe I can save some to get it

I've got Audeze 2.2s.
And I agree.. if you want more bass, just use an EQ with those.
I've never listened to the HE-500s... but the Audeze can handle any amount of increased bass you add with EQ extremely well...
and pack a VERY powerful punch. Much more than you'll ever get with any dynamic driver headphone.

Jul 17, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #8 of 11
Well, I have never heard the HE-500s but I can say that the Ultrasone Signature DJs have kicked my brain since day one. Not sure how comfortable or not they are against your HifiMan. Also, Perfect Sound D901s sound very close to the Signature DJs. I've been using them these past two weeks and their sub-bass rattles your head, and the mid-bass slams with force without muddying everything up... more airy than the Sig DJs too. Finally have a Level 3 Moded Denon D5000 and also, excellent bass extension and slam.

All three do well with every genre I listen to, from Pop Rock, Alternative, Metalcore, to Salsa, Merengue, Dubstep and Reggaeton.

Thanks.
And Good Luck! :wink:

Jul 18, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #9 of 11
Thx all

Finally am going to buy  Ultrasone Signature Pro
Thx gelocks for your help

Jul 18, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:
Thx all

Finally am going to buy  Ultrasone Signature Pro
Thx gelocks for your help

I was talking about the Signature DJ (since you wanted more Bass!), but the Signature Pro is good as well (the Signature DJ has a bit more bass quantity, bigger/wider soundstage, a bit more airier than the Signature Pros).

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back