iBasso D6 "Fer-de-Lance" USB DAC/Amp
Jan 21, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #196 of 774
it runs on battery and not on usb power.

Correction - see the post below.

Jan 21, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #197 of 774
The amp can run off of the USB power or with the switch in the back, the 12.6 volts of the charger/battery. The 12.6 with needy phones is definitely noticed and appreciated. The amp/dac proves to be very versatile. 

Jan 22, 2011 at 3:35 AM Post #198 of 774
I have my iBasso D6 and HD650 in hand already. :) Expect some pictures tonight (in about 5~6 hours time), close ups and internals. Batteries of my camera went dead halfway though, need to grab some additional batteries, but am abit too cozy to go out at the moment. Haha.

Btw Ron if you're reading this, I'll message you abit later ya. Still haven't thanked you properly yet.
redface.gif

Jan 22, 2011 at 11:09 AM Post #199 of 774
As promised, some pictures. :) Well, not that many... And mostly internal shots.. Since my camera died halfway fully drained before I managed to snap good exterior pcs  (haven't gotten replacements yet.. Hehe. Lazy.. Might get some tomorrow as I wanna take a few pics of my HD650). The pics ain't too good too.. Pardon me about that.

Oh and let me know if you guys rather have the pictures thumbnailed or something. :)

The Goodies:
p9190002s.jpg

The internals from the top, overview:
p9190006.jpg

Closeup on the Opamp sections:
p9190008.jpg

The backside:
p9190013.jpg

Closeup of the dual DAC we love so much:
p9190016.jpg

Jan 22, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #201 of 774
It definitely sounds smoother than the iBasso D4 which I previously had, while maintaining a good level of attack and transparency. In fact I think my previous D4 without the topkit has a slightly more dry midrange compared to the iBasso D6. Loads of power to bring out the lower bass rumble of the HD650 as well. I won't get into specifics, I'll just say it's very, very good sounding especially for the price. Listening to my Yuin PK3 and PK1 through the iBasso D6 is sheer pleasure as well, as it's kinda hot tonight and I don't want to make the HD650's pad all sticky with my sweat and oil. :p

Looking forward to be grabbing Ron's topkit for it soon. :D As far as I remember, the Topkit does brings the mids out more making it more intimate sounding, with a much better deep bass extension as well as making it strong.

I'll give you guys more A-B specific difference when I drop by my retailer's place soon perhaps? I don't really like speaking things out merely from my memory alone (especially how exams screwed my brains in through out for the past 2 weeks). Haha. So I'll list out only the things which had the most impression on me. :)

Jan 23, 2011 at 3:41 AM Post #203 of 774
any comparison with the nuforce hd? http://www.nuforce.com/hp/products/iconhd/index.php
I understand that d6 has better portability due to a battery, but for office desktop use, both qualify. On the sq alone (for some iems as well as power hungry phones) how do they compare?

Jan 23, 2011 at 9:37 AM Post #204 of 774
I ordered mine last week, its estimated to arrive on Monday, maybe Tuesday. Cant wait!

Does anyone know if the power cable to the adapter can be changed? I live with European connectors here.
Also does it support ASIO out of the box on windows or does it need drivers?

-m4rcu5

Jan 23, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #205 of 774

Quote:
I ordered mine last week, its estimated to arrive on Monday, maybe Tuesday. Cant wait!

Does anyone know if the power cable to the adapter can be changed? I live with European connectors here.
Also does it support ASIO out of the box on windows or does it need drivers?

-m4rcu5

Congratz and have fun with your unit! :)

I don't think you can change the cable itself, but just slap on a converter to your local plug and it's all good. Additionally, the power plug supports 100v to 240v so you're pretty set back for any voltage area. :) Windows will recognise the D6 automatically, just install and set up ASIO for your media player and off you go. :)

Jan 23, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #206 of 774
Ah thank you for the reply!

Now i think of it, i might have an converter somewhere in my desk at work. Else i grab one at the local hardware store.

For the ASIO users under us, have a look at the ASIO plugin for Foobar200: http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_out_asio

-m4rcu5

Jan 24, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #208 of 774
Ah, now i have the good and the bad.

It comes with at European power plug when they ship to the Netherlands. Nice thinking of them!

Unfortunately it is not recognized as an ASIO device by windows. Foobar2000 cant use it that way.
Does anyone know where to grab some ASIO drivers? The chip should support it.

-m4rcu5

Jan 24, 2011 at 1:30 PM Post #209 of 774

Quote:
Ah, now i have the good and the bad.

It comes with at European power plug when they ship to the Netherlands. Nice thinking of them!

Unfortunately it is not recognized as an ASIO device by windows. Foobar2000 cant use it that way.
Does anyone know where to grab some ASIO drivers? The chip should support it.

-m4rcu5

Try http://www.asio4all.com/

Jan 24, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #210 of 774
Ah, that seems to work. Thx!
I'll do some long listing tomorrow at the office.

-m4rcu5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back