IBM TrackPoint vs Touch Pad...
Mar 19, 2005 at 1:37 AM Post #16 of 21
I have a Thinkpad T41 with a gig of memory. It has both the touchpad and the trackpoint. I love the trackpoint. I actually turn the touchpad off. You really can't go wrong with a thinkpad in my opinion. Although I am not a big fan of the R series, the T and X series are really nice
icon10.gif

Mar 19, 2005 at 2:07 AM Post #17 of 21
"Trackpoint", aka pointing stick, aka eraserhead PWNS the touchpad into the ground. Touchpads are slow and inaccurate compared to eraserheads, plus, they get really, really gross...and unlike eraserheads you can't remove them and wash them off. My biggest beef with laptop manufactureres is they continue to put cheap-ass touchpads on their units.

lol...

good choice with the X40, a true road-warrior through and through
biggrin.gif
(I'm an IBM fan btw, lol)

Mar 19, 2005 at 2:14 AM Post #18 of 21
I'm an erasurehead kinda guy.

Mar 19, 2005 at 5:18 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
I'm an erasurehead kinda guy.

I commonly see the trackpoints referred to as "nipples." I think we should call it what it really is
wink.gif

Mar 20, 2005 at 2:16 AM Post #20 of 21
I have an IBM T42 notebook, and I find that I use both the trackpoint and the touchpad; however, they serve different purposes. The trackpoint is oh so convenient to use when you're typing, because it's right in the middle of the keyboard! And the touchpad is nice for doing non-keyboard intensive work. Lately, however, I've come to really prefer the trackpoint; ocnce I got used to it, I all out preferred it to the touchpad. Perhaps you might too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back