IEM for critical/mixing purposes
Mar 27, 2023 at 8:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

martel80

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,
New member here.
I'm recording and mixing music as a side line and I'm about to take a plunge in the High end IEM world.
I had a few IEM in mind and was trying to pinpoint what would be the best suited for my budget.
I looked at different review and specs/graph for those:
ThieAudio Monarch Mk2
Alclair Electro Six Driver
Shure KSE1200
QDC Gemini
Etymotic ER4XR
Spiral Ear SE 5-way Ultimate

I decided to finally go with the ThieAudio Monarch Mk2.
First I was convinced the KSE1200 was what I was looking for but then I kept on reading and reading and comparing and thought the Monarch MK2 would be a good in between and I'd have enough money left to buy a custom cable and custom fit ear cap for those IEM plus possibly have enough left to also buy the Etymotic ER4XR.
The reason why I decided to make this investment is because I spend 6 months every year out the country in a place where the room is less then ideal to even think of bringing one of my set of monitors.
So I decided to go the IEM route and will most probably compliment it with Slate VSX to get a different perspective.

I have 2 big question, if you don't mind me asking:
1- Where can I find a high quality cable 0.78 2 pin cable with a 1/4 jack (I don't want to use an adapter, I always lose them and I just hate them)
2- I found adv-sound making custom fit ear tip for the Monarch MK2. Is there any other Better website or company out there making custom fit ear tip for the Monarch MK2 ?
Thanks for the answers, I appreciate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back