iFi audio GO blu - Super small. Super light. Super Sound.
Jan 19, 2022 at 9:36 PM Post #1,036 of 1,594
Do they make a case with a clip on it?
Not to my knowledge, but it is hand made so you can probably ask them for a custom order.

Jan 19, 2022 at 10:28 PM Post #1,038 of 1,594
Jan 20, 2022 at 7:23 AM Post #1,039 of 1,594
A clarification on filter settings , does standard setting mean “filter off” or is it “linear phase filter”.. can someone in ifi confirm

Jan 20, 2022 at 8:42 AM Post #1,040 of 1,594
A clarification on filter settings , does standard setting mean “filter off” or is it “linear phase filter”.. can someone in ifi confirm
There is no such a thing as a 'filter off' unless we are talking about a NOS DAC (which Go Blu doesn't have). All DAC required a digital filter of some kind.

Jan 21, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #1,042 of 1,594
Do you think it's normal? image.jpg

Jan 21, 2022 at 9:29 AM Post #1,043 of 1,594
Do you think it's normal?image.jpg
Are you using a 3.5mm adapter? The 3.5mm jack isn’t the most secure when it snaps in, there is not much friction involved, but it is enough to keep the jack in so long as it doesn’t snag on anything. This adapter looks like it’ll snag on the neck strap you have on your Miter case due to the shape of the adapter. Try to remove the neck strap and see if that does any better.

Jan 21, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #1,044 of 1,594
Are you using a 3.5mm adapter? The 3.5mm jack isn’t the most secure when it snaps in, there is not much friction involved, but it is enough to keep the jack in so long as it doesn’t snag on anything. This adapter looks like it’ll snag on the neck strap you have on your Miter case due to the shape of the adapter. Try to remove the neck strap and see if that does any better.
It is what you see, with every jack, even worst without the case. My question is not about a validation of my findings, but if every unit is affected by this horrible imperfection in a product I've chosen for its supposed build quality, paying abit of extra money and accepting to have a considerably less advantages. Am I a maniac of perfection? Are yours and in the same condition?
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 21, 2022 at 10:54 AM Post #1,045 of 1,594
It is what you see, with every jack, even worst without the case. My question is not about a validation of my findings, but if every unit is affected by this horrible imperfection in a product I've chosen for its supposed build quality, paying abit of extra money and accepting to have a considerably less advantages
The gap on mine between the headphone jack body and the device is about the same on the iFi Go Blu as it is with my 3.5mm to Lightning adapters from both Apple and Etymotic when testing with my Etymotic EVO cable.

Edit: your second picture here seems more normal/acceptable. The first picture you posted looked like something had pulled out the headphone jack. Try using the Go Blu without the necklace. It would be nice to if iFi had released a clip for it since that might solve this issue too. I will admit there is far less friction in the 3.5mm jack (it doesn't click) than in others.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #1,046 of 1,594
The gap on mine between the headphone jack body and the device is about the same on the iFi Go Blu as it is with my 3.5mm to Lightning adapters from both Apple and Etymotic when testing with my Etymotic EVO cable.
I'm not speaking about the gap, but the perpendicularity od the jack. I can live with it with a little bit of yoga and asmr videos, my vuriosity is to know if it is a defect or a characteristic

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #1,047 of 1,594
I'm not speaking about the gap, but the perpendicularity od the jack. I can live with it with a little bit of yoga and asmr videos, my vuriosity is to know if it is a defect or a characteristic
You know, a lot of people speak about inaudible hisses, imaginary differences of soudstage in a dac and the inportance of cables and high res. I'm referring to a real fisical anomaly.

Jan 21, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #1,048 of 1,594
Does it affect usage in any way? If it doesn't, I'll consider it normal. If you simply can't live with it, I'll suggest you get in contact with iFi (or the seller if you only just get it) for return / refund.

Jan 21, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #1,049 of 1,594
Does it affect usage in any way? If it doesn't, I'll consider it normal. If you simply can't live with it, I'll suggest you get in contact with iFi (or the seller if you only just get it) for return / refund.
Nobody answer... the question seems to be simply: does yours has the same appearance? My two units had the creative tilt of the jack.

Jan 21, 2022 at 11:44 AM Post #1,050 of 1,594
Nobody answer... the question seems to be simply: does yours has the same appearance? My two units had the creative tilt of the jack.

I won't say mine is 100% 90 degree - not by any measurement but only judging by eye. But it is close enough and I don't really care if it a few degree off as long as it doesn't effect the functionality in anyway..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back