iFi audio NEO Stream - Sweet Streams!
Sep 23, 2022 at 5:23 PM Post #16 of 1,434
Ah, no way to buy it without all the add on costs for licenses and such that I will never use. If you could sell versions without all these licenses and lower the price accordingly, I would probably buy one.

Choice matters.
Going wait on reviews but at $1299.00 there’s a lot of features I won't use. Was hoping more or a updated zen stream, paying for a dac, licenses etc I won't use kinda dampened my interest in this device.
Any chance of a updated zen streamer in the works? Something without all the added features?

Sep 23, 2022 at 8:04 PM Post #17 of 1,434
Following :)

Sep 23, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #18 of 1,434
Any chance of a updated zen streamer in the works? Something without all the added features?

There's no world in which you get an answer to this question until something launches, unfortunately!

Sep 23, 2022 at 8:40 PM Post #19 of 1,434
Question...I am uneducated so "does the lack of L/R balanced outlets matter"?

Sep 23, 2022 at 10:40 PM Post #20 of 1,434
There's no world in which you get an answer to this question until something launches, unfortunately!
No biggie was just asking since been hearing about a zen streamer update for awhile now and was just wondering if this was it or something else was in the pipe line.
Anyways hoping there is, don’t get me wrong this looks like a great device for someone that need a build in dac and all the extras. Just priced Outa my budget since all I need is a great sounding streamer.
Thank you for responding to my questions.

Sep 23, 2022 at 10:54 PM Post #21 of 1,434
So ... I see Chromecast still doesn't look like being a thing for the Zen Stream.
Busy little box, but it'll be very interesting to see how it's beefed up hardware performs compared with the ZS and price matched DACs.

Sep 24, 2022 at 12:16 AM Post #22 of 1,434
Going wait on reviews but at $1299.00 there’s a lot of features I won't use. Was hoping more or a updated zen stream, paying for a dac, licenses etc I won't use kinda dampened my interest in this device.
Agree, I would only use digital outputs to a dac, I'd like a cheaper version without a dac and I'm sold.

Sep 24, 2022 at 3:49 AM Post #24 of 1,434

Agree, I would only use digital outputs to a dac, I'd like a cheaper version without a dac and I'm sold.

Same streamer with no DAC for $899-$999 pretty please :)

Ditto, a simple upgraded Zen Stream capable of a larger range of sample rates would have suited me much better. I use the current Zen Stream as an NAA for HQ Player to my iFi Signature V2 DAC in my desktop headphone setup. I also use a Holo Audio Spring 3 in my living room setup, so the inbuilt DAC is somewhat superfluous to my needs unless I replace the current ZS/Signature DAC combo.....but that's a LOT of money for a small upgrade in my use case.

Having said that, it looks like a killer product and I'll probably buy the bloody thing anyway :dt880smile:

Sep 24, 2022 at 4:35 AM Post #25 of 1,434
I am unsure if I am reading the specs right but the output connections on the NEO Stream seem to be pretty limited to connect it to a traditional headphone amp... what's the rationale behind this design? is there something much better than a XLR output on the NEO Stream? I am current user of the Zen Stream and I love it. I have the Zen Stream connected to the Oppo HA-1.

Sep 24, 2022 at 5:28 AM Post #26 of 1,434
Question...I am uneducated so "does the lack of L/R balanced outlets matter"?

I am unsure if I am reading the specs right but the output connections on the NEO Stream seem to be pretty limited to connect it to a traditional headphone amp... what's the rationale behind this design? is there something much better than a XLR output on the NEO Stream? I am current user of the Zen Stream and I love it. I have the Zen Stream connected to the Oppo HA-1.
You'll need a 4.4mm to XLR balanced cable:

44-xlr-header.jpg

Sep 24, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #28 of 1,434
Do i read this right, there's no headphone output?

Sep 24, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #29 of 1,434
Sep 24, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #30 of 1,434
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back