Imod
Feb 12, 2009 at 5:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

yoyo59

100+ Head-Fier
Ok i've been hearing about this alot lately and what i've came to noticed that it's just an ipod with an amp with it? im really confused...as I own an ipod touch 2g and curious about the whole Imod and rockbox-is it a program?, plus whats so good about the iriver h120?when I read these posts I try and understand but it seems like everyone is speaking a different language to me.my decition is to keep the ipod and make it better into a imod i guess, but I dont like having bulky things so my second plan was to get a kenwood gold edition. any thoughts please guys? thanks

Feb 12, 2009 at 5:36 PM Post #3 of 16
It is limited to 4g and 5g ipods only atm.

To upgrade your touch? I don't know. If it has a digital output then a portable dac/amp like the pico will do nicely.

My 4g iMod rocks btw.

Feb 12, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #4 of 16
ahh I didnt know about 4th or 5th.. but id like a 4th, does any know how would it be like for shipping etc for UK? lookin to get a imod and just connect it to some good speakers for home use

Feb 12, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #7 of 16
Don't understand the point of the Wadia Transport if you could just use a computer at home instead?!?
confused_face(1).gif

Feb 12, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #9 of 16
The H120/H140 may not be the newest but it offers things which newer players do not, such as optical out & in (and analogue) fm tuner and microphone (internal and external) The stock firmware is pretty naff. But with Rockbox it's far more powerful DAP. I know Apple have even more limitations so if Rockbox does what it can on my iriver then I'd see no reason why to use Apple firmware.

Rockbox is basically alternative firmware/operating system for MP3 players.

Newer DAPs have better quality screens, colour & backlight faster refresh. But this probably sucks more power so a simpler monochrome LCD may be better if you're not fussed but want longer battery life.

Rockbox has too many things to list, but from my point of view it offers smaller fonts (stock firmware fonts are huge so hardly anything is viewed on screen) more codec support, gapless, self-build database, replygain.

Feb 12, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #10 of 16
I bought the ipod 2g thinking id be having so much fun.. but the truth is the only nice thing about it is genius.. other than that I dont use the browser because I prefer the computer, same goes for the youtube and games etc on there.. Im also not the type of person to put pictures on the ipod, so my best bet is just to have a DAP what does its job good and thats playing great SQ.

Feb 12, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by yoyo59 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought the ipod 2g thinking id be having so much fun.. but the truth is the only nice thing about it is genius.. other than that I dont use the browser because I prefer the computer, same goes for the youtube and games etc on there.. Im also not the type of person to put pictures on the ipod, so my best bet is just to have a DAP what does its job good and thats playing great SQ.

Do you mean iPod Touch gen2? If you are going to use it with your stereo only, I recommend the iTransport instead of iMod.

Feb 12, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you mean iPod Touch gen2? If you are going to use it with your stereo only, I recommend the iTransport instead of iMod.

yes touch

Feb 12, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by yoyo59 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ahh I didnt know about 4th or 5th.. but id like a 4th, does any know how would it be like for shipping etc for UK? lookin to get a imod and just connect it to some good speakers for home use

if you get it from alo and include the v cap dock and a couple of interconnects, then youre looking at 150 - 250 import duties.

I paid either 150 or 250 for the above but i cant exactly remember which figure it was now, but it was a substantial amount and at the time converted into dollars I could have bought another imod on its own. Oh and the largest bill was from the post office for admin and handling fees, which I find takes the piss on a whole new level of piss taking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back