Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 6, 2024 at 3:34 PM Post #18,032 of 18,244
NaLe and Enignma got delivered. But, there is no news of Zion and EH. I got my NaLe. I think Zion and EH are lost cause.
Yes, Zion and EH are Bob's vaporware, sadly.

May 6, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #18,033 of 18,244
Can you describe how NaLe performs after burn in?
Very briefly]
Unique sounding..
Rich deep satisfying low end on Black lower
Smooth balanced throughout
standout = detail separation and noticeable instruments appearing far and wide being clear when appearing in their respective positions
Bit like a cross between Ozar and Elan+ having overall sound like the Ozar with extra separation and imaging similar in STYLE to the Elan+ but the Elan+ has a lot more 3D holographic separation and imaging and both are indicative of their pricing in this regard

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 4:54 PM Post #18,034 of 18,244
Can you describe how NaLe performs after burn in?
Mine not burnt in...so not what you've asked for. That said...

They're bassy and musical. Pretty aligned to house sound. There are no surprises here...treble is nice on blue tops... find them a little fatiguing after a few tracks (see final paragraph for possible explanation)... listening to MJ and no sibilance...which is more than I can say for enigmas and seraphs. This set is like a cousin to dark matter and rah 23. Better or worse or just different I'm too lazy to assess.

Now that said, mine have some of the worst driver flex I've encountered with any make which results in/is likely linked to pressure build up on both sides...it moves a lot of air with the bass...and it's going right into my brain . And that's with three ways for air to escape. Sent them back, told a bunch of tests were done and no flex detected and nothing done about it. Bogus and had to rationalize that there are bigger fish to fry for IMR:
Yes, Zion and EH are Bob's vaporware, sadly.

In fact if there's someone in the UK out there who wants mine [edit: they're gone].

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 5:10 PM Post #18,035 of 18,244
Bit like a cross between Ozar and Elan+ having overall sound like the Ozar with extra separation and imaging similar in STYLE to the Elan+ but the Elan+ has a lot more 3D holographic separation and imaging and both are indicative of their pricing in this regard
This makes sense, as the NaLe was basically the Elan in a different shell (and cheaper) ... and the Elan was the Ozar but with bone conduction, if I remember right.

May 6, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #18,036 of 18,244
This makes sense, as the NaLe was basically the Elan in a different shell (and cheaper) ... and the Elan was the Ozar but with bone conduction, if I remember right.
It was, but I'm not sure if Bob managed to get hold of any more Sonion BC drivers after the Elan / Plan + / Avalon builds. The listing now shows just "conduction motors", so he may either have changed the driver involved from the original Elan spec or reverted to the way the Dark Matter does "conduction" (with a smaller DD coupled directly to the shell).

Either of those changes along with the changed shell design would account for the differences noted by @jon parker .

May 6, 2024 at 5:22 PM Post #18,037 of 18,244
It was, but I'm not sure if Bob managed to get hold of any more Sonion BC drivers after the Elan / Plan + / Avalon builds. The listing now shows just "conduction motors", so he may either have changed the driver involved from the original Elan spec or reverted to the way the Dark Matter does "conduction" (with a smaller DD coupled directly to the shell).

Either of those changes along with the changed shell design would account for the differences noted by @jon parker .
No doubt! Good observations.

May 6, 2024 at 9:41 PM Post #18,038 of 18,244

They're bassy and musical. Pretty aligned to house sound. There are no surprises here...treble is nice on blue tops... find them a little fatiguing after a few tracks (see final paragraph for possible explanation)... listening to MJ and no sibilance...which is more than I can say for enigmas and seraphs. This set is like a cousin to dark matter and rah 23. Better or worse or just different I'm too lazy to assess.

Now that said, mine have some of the worst driver flex I've encountered with any make which results in/is likely linked to pressure build up on both sides...it moves a lot of air with the bass...and it's going right into my brain . And that's with three ways for air to escape. Sent them back, told a bunch of tests were done and no flex detected and nothing done about it. Bogus and had to rationalize that there are bigger fish to fry for IMR:

In fact if there's someone in the UK out there who wants mine and can deal with flex and pressure, PM me. I haven't tried foam tips. I'll give them to you for 10% less than I paid...which wasn't much. Basically brand new with like 20min of listening time.
Try Black bottom and gold upper with pure copper cable and softears tips for the Seraph.
I don't get any sibilance with this combination any more.
And Seraph sounds pretty good with this combo for sure.

May 7, 2024 at 1:14 AM Post #18,039 of 18,244

In fact if there's someone in the UK out there who wants mine and can deal with flex and pressure, PM me. I haven't tried foam tips. I'll give them to you for 10% less than I paid...which wasn't much. Basically brand new with like 20min of listening time.
Thanks.
I had flex issues with Avalon. I guess I just learned to ignore it over time.
Then again, there is driver flex with the set of UM MEXT I have as well.
As for NaLe, the optimism in me wanted it to be an improved version of DM.
I would still be curious to listen to them myself, so if you want to get rid of yours then I would be interested. Problem is, I am not from the UK. I will pm you so that we figure something out.

May 7, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #18,042 of 18,244
It would be good if that NaLe became one of their in-stock sales models.
The core problem with that is that IMR need to make enough cash to sink a decent chunk into inventory in the hope that they can sell a regular stream of them.

As has been theorised multiple times, looks like they are currently still trying to get back above water after getting comprehensively upside down with the cascade of preorders. Would be lovely to see them dig their way out of this and end with an "in stock" business model at some point in the future.

Been listening to my Enigma+ on the stock 4.4mm cable with my Lotoo PAW6K today and really enjoying it - when IMR get it right, they do "musical" better than almost any other brands.

May 7, 2024 at 3:39 PM Post #18,043 of 18,244
On the Enigma theme, anyone got any good aftermarket cable recommendations for it? Not a huge cable believer, but think it might benefit from a slightly better wire than stock. :wink:

May 7, 2024 at 3:42 PM Post #18,044 of 18,244
On the Enigma theme, anyone got any good aftermarket cable recommendations for it? Not a huge cable believer, but think it might benefit from a slightly better wire than stock. :wink:
I am using Penon Asos and it's a perfect match

May 7, 2024 at 3:55 PM Post #18,045 of 18,244

Users who are viewing this thread

Back