In-Ear phones: unbreakable/fully warranted/replaceable - which to choose?
Aug 1, 2013 at 7:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Skwalla

New Head-Fier
Hi all, I am looking at buying a new pair of in-ear headphones. I run through these as crazy though, typically due to the chord breaking. In the last year I've gone through two pairs of beats along with a pair of Etymotic HF-5's.. Therefore, for my next pair, I want a pair where this problem either is covered by warranty (I am not sure this is available? - to my knowledge, not even Koss' warranty would cover the chord breaking?) or where I can replace the chord. Alternatively, just the meanest earphones where it takes a bomb to break the chord.. Does anyone have any tips? The highest price can be approximately 250$.. I've been looking at the Yamaha EPH-100's (as far as I know, not fulfilling the above criteria), a few Sennheisers and a few in Koss' product line (such as the KDX300s). Thanks for your help!

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #2 of 3
IMO JVC FX700, GR07, Westone 3, Sennheiser IE8/IE80 cables are pretty good to take that kind of stuff and they are very good sounding too for the price. Also Sony EX1000 has replace cable and they sound amazing for the price with very good built quality.

Aug 1, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #3 of 3
There are IEMs that have a replaceable cable. This thread is huge but there are some good IEM recommendations there: http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-jvc-phones-pg787-philips-fidelio-s2-pg-724-basso-pg601

Users who are viewing this thread

Back