[Interest Check] Pittsburgh Head-Fi Meet
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #31 of 59
Hotels will often rent a meeting room, and sometimes libraries have rooms for free or minimal charge. If everyone brings a strip and extension cord it usually works out since our gear doesn't use all that much power...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jul 17, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #32 of 59
Howdy.

I would be interested in a meet.  Don't have much to bring, other than these suggestions (and my new FiiO X3)

Venues I have dealt with:

Northland Public Library:  Very nice library.  Has conference room to rent for $25-$45 depending on if we want single or double room. Noise shouldn't be a problem :)

Kings restaurant on 60 (Crafton location):  Has a seperate dining room for meetings, free if 2-3 folks buy lunch or dinner.  $25 if we just use the space.  They have turned off their PA system at our request for radio club meetings.

Im sure there are plenty more, if you need ideas let me know.  Having a headcount will help.  I might also be able to get us access to our radio club's meeting space if the number of folks coming is fairly small, but would need to bring it up at our next meeting to make sure there are not objections.  Radio club has several separate rooms that could be used for listening booths perhaps with some isolation.

Let me know if you would like me to ask about the radio club, or dig up contact info for the other venus for ya'll!

Thanks!

--Brian

Jul 19, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #34 of 59
Howdy.

I would be interested in a meet.  Don't have much to bring, other than these suggestions (and my new FiiO X3)

Venues I have dealt with:

Northland Public Library:  Very nice library.  Has conference room to rent for $25-$45 depending on if we want single or double room. Noise shouldn't be a problem :)

Kings restaurant on 60 (Crafton location):  Has a seperate dining room for meetings, free if 2-3 folks buy lunch or dinner.  $25 if we just use the space.  They have turned off their PA system at our request for radio club meetings.

Im sure there are plenty more, if you need ideas let me know.  Having a headcount will help.  I might also be able to get us access to our radio club's meeting space if the number of folks coming is fairly small, but would need to bring it up at our next meeting to make sure there are not objections.  Radio club has several separate rooms that could be used for listening booths perhaps with some isolation.

Let me know if you would like me to ask about the radio club, or dig up contact info for the other venus for ya'll!

Thanks!

--Brian

These are great ideas. I priced a few hotel meeting rooms and they are much more expensive. Let's try and agree on a date.

Jul 20, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #36 of 59
Weekends are best for me too, but August is going to be crazy-stupid-busy because I am in the process of moving into a new house.

Anyone interested in getting a weekend on September on the books?  Is Sat/Sun better for you folks?

If we can mabey get 5-6 interested in a date, I can make the calls.  Depending on numbers,, we may want to make it a lunch Kings since that wont cost us anything other than lunch :)

Jul 20, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #37 of 59
I am going to look into a location that would be free, at the university where I teach.

Aug 6, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #41 of 59
Hi folks. I just saw this thread. I stay in State College and can definitely make it on Sept 20th. As of now, I can bring 3 headphones and 2 DAC/amps (see my profile for details). I am looking to buy a new set of headphones (Mr Speakers Mad Dogs) and an amp (Schiit Asgard 2) pending approval from my wife! On the software side, I have a Qobuz subscription as well. Let me know if there's anything I can do from my side.    

Aug 13, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #43 of 59
Greetings from virginia. I might make the drive up there and spend the weekend there for a mini vacation. I have some tube amps that I can bring along for the ride, but I doubt I will have a source. (roommate spilled coffee on my laptop : (   ) ​

Aug 15, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #44 of 59
I would be interested possibly depending on the location. I'm coming from Delaware @_@

If I did come, it would be with at least three other friends who have gear. We've been looking for a meet to go to before october

Sep 6, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #45 of 59
I can't do the 20th or get a room on campus.   Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back