Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
May 7, 2024 at 3:30 AM Post #3,992 of 4,025
May 7, 2024 at 4:40 PM Post #3,993 of 4,025
If I read up on EA4 correctly, it has option to be either current or voltage out, with ability you adjust output voltage and adjust of class A type (Class AB, class AA all the way to class A).
Yes you are right. I thought you were mentioning the LPF OP Voltage Tuning options in the E7 limited option only.

May 7, 2024 at 9:43 PM Post #3,994 of 4,025
If i recall it used to be japanese sony and korean ak all the way but now the portable audio markets completely dominated by chinese team..i guess the demand drives the innovation. I am here to enjoy the outcomes. :)

May 7, 2024 at 10:00 PM Post #3,995 of 4,025
If i recall it used to be japanese sony and korean ak all the way but now the portable audio markets completely dominated by chinese team..i guess the demand drives the innovation. I am here to enjoy the outcomes. :)
Indeed that is the case! Looking forward to how Wan and his team at LP build on the E7 for the flagship LP7 :)

May 8, 2024 at 12:17 AM Post #3,997 of 4,025
I simply lurk here, live vicariously through you gents. That is, until LP7 Ti finally makes touchdown. Until then, I enjoy the sound of Sony.
Looks like LP's putting all their energy into E7 right now so I doubt we will see LP7 any time soon. I for one have been waiting for LP7 for quite long.
Luckily, I have p6 pro ti99 to quench my desire....LP7 could be just a pipe dream at this point. Is it TI PCM1704 dac chip? Thought they already ran out. :frowning2:

May 8, 2024 at 12:32 AM Post #3,998 of 4,025
Looks like LP's putting all their energy into E7 right now so I doubt we will see LP7 any time soon. I for one have been waiting for LP7 for quite long.
Luckily, I have p6 pro ti99 to quench my desire....LP7 could be just a pipe dream at this point. Is it TI PCM1704 dac chip? Thought they already ran out. :frowning2:
The LP7 project is on hold until the LP team can get their hands on the Intel chips (for production), the engineering is largely finished at this point. The sticking point is the chip embargos US has towards China which complicates things. LP7 is definitely not a pipe dream, it is a real product. E7 is a precursor to LP7, to help flesh out the 7th-gen LeOS before it is applied to LP7. The DAC chips LP uses are not the PCM1704, this is what HM1000 (Hifiman) used. LP hasn't specified the specific chip LP6 uses, but Wan did provide a hint some time ago saying it is 'not your typical guess'. Getting the Intel FPGA chips is what is making the LP7 project difficult. LP's goal for the LP7 generation is for the base model LP7 to exceed the performance of the LP67AE, and for the LP7 Ti to set a new benchmark for the portable DAP market, which would be a tall order indeed.

I am optimistically looking at Q1 2025 for the launch. Maybe Q4 this year for the showcase event. But this is LP, so more likely delayed than not haha!

Last edited:
May 8, 2024 at 1:11 AM Post #3,999 of 4,025
The LP7 project is on hold until the LP team can get their hands on the Intel chips (for production), the engineering is largely finished at this point. The sticking point is the chip embargos US has towards China which complicates things. LP7 is definitely not a pipe dream, it is a real product. E7 is a precursor to LP7, to help flesh out the 7th-gen LeOS before it is applied to LP7. The DAC chips LP uses are not the PCM1704, this is what HM1000 (Hifiman) used. LP hasn't specified the specific chip LP6 uses, but Wan did provide a hint some time ago saying it is 'not your typical guess'. Getting the Intel FPGA chips is what is making the LP7 project difficult. LP's goal for the LP7 generation is for the base model LP7 to exceed the performance of the LP67AE, and for the LP7 Ti to set a new benchmark for the portable DAP market, which would be a tall order indeed.

I am optimistically looking at Q1 2025 for the launch. Maybe Q4 this year for the showcase event. But this is LP, so more likely delayed than not haha!
I will certainly let the folks here know when I receive the invitation for the 199Club event for the soft launch of the LP7. :) Then we can really get excited! :wink:

May 8, 2024 at 7:33 PM Post #4,000 of 4,025

If that’s the case then L&P is better off relocating to Taiwan or Hong Kong, or scrapping the Intel thing altogether. US tarrifs are likely to double ( or be raised by a significant amount) soon. Either that or the LP7 will be in very limited quantities at a higher price .

But for giggles, it would be fascinating to see how the 7Ti will compare to the Mola Mola's Tambaqui DAC.

Last edited:
May 9, 2024 at 10:06 AM Post #4,001 of 4,025
LP5 PRO

GNCFFzTbkAAAIt-.jpeg

May 9, 2024 at 10:16 AM Post #4,002 of 4,025
May 9, 2024 at 10:57 PM Post #4,005 of 4,025
I always wonder what this button does on p6. Any idea anyone?

1715268466763.png
If you hold that button down it brings up a menu which allows you to add the current track to a playlist, or delete it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back