Introducing Head-Fi Classifieds!
Apr 28, 2023 at 1:53 AM Post #361 of 449
This is the best thing to happen to the classifieds in a long while.

Apr 28, 2023 at 9:29 AM Post #363 of 449
If they will not be traded as a collection, they cannot be included in the same listing. This is due to multiple factors. For example: a single listing containing 3 items sold/traded separately can only receive feedback once rather than once per individual buyer.

Consider a collection of tubes. If you have a box full of them and you want to trade for something, listing the entire collection at once for a bulk trade is allowed. Listing the collection and then trading/selling individual tubes or pairs from the collection to separate people is not.
So I just have to put something like (BUNDLE) in the title and in the description specify that they will not be sold separately.
Or should something else be specified?
Thank you.

Apr 28, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #365 of 449
So I just have to put something like (BUNDLE) in the title and in the description specify that they will not be sold separately.
Or should something else be specified?
Thank you.
That definitely is one option. I'd make sure that it's listed in the description body at least, but having it in the title as well may help those who are searching for specific items.

Apr 28, 2023 at 9:03 PM Post #366 of 449
How was the scammer able to cancel your dispute?
1. They'll upload fake shipment info that does show the package is going to your city, and when it's delivered Paypal will close your dispute.
2. They'll hack to your Paypal account and close for you.

There might be other ways to bypass Paypal rules so basically it's no longer safe even using G&S.

Apr 29, 2023 at 3:13 AM Post #367 of 449
@AxelCloris Hi there, I came to bump a listing of mine and saw this. Great step but even after enabling 2FA both using email and app + logging out and in, still doesn't let me bump anything or add/edit listings. Any resolution to this? Thanks so much for your time. All the very best.

EDIT: Nevermind bro, it fixed itself. Thanks and great step once again.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2023 at 7:22 AM Post #368 of 449
Second Factor Authentication is an interesting step in the right direction but it is not actually authenticating sellers. ... only a validated ID (or piggy backing on someone else's KYC ... e.g. a bank card, validated out of a small value transaction) would actually reduce the risk... any crock can open up a new mobile number, or get an email address to use as a second factor authentication.

(@Head-fi I work in payments and banking and I have been deep to my neck into KYC, fraud and risk management, ID etc.. in and out for the last 15 years. Happy to share views if these may be of help)

Apr 29, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #369 of 449
Second Factor Authentication is an interesting step in the right direction but it is not actually authenticating sellers. ... only a validated ID (or piggy backing on someone else's KYC ... e.g. a bank card, validated out of a small value transaction) would actually reduce the risk... any crock can open up a new mobile number, or get an email address to use as a second factor authentication.

(@Head-fi I work in payments and banking and I have been deep to my neck into KYC, fraud and risk management, ID etc.. in and out for the last 15 years. Happy to share views if these may be of help)
I think the point of introducing the 2FA requirement was only to about account takeovers with then using that account to scam other people. So yes, no identity prove involved.

Apr 29, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #371 of 449
Hmm...I enabled 2FA but still don't see an Add Listing button in the classifieds. I even logged out and back in using 2FA. Does it take time to take effect? @AxelCloris

May 1, 2023 at 5:45 AM Post #373 of 449
I have my button 😎

NOMAX

PS.lol

May 2, 2023 at 3:24 AM Post #374 of 449
Q: What is two-factor authentication?
A: Two-factor authentication, or 2FA, is "an electronic authentication method in which a user is granted access to a website or application only after successfully presenting two or more pieces of evidence (or factors) to an authentication mechanism" (Wikipedia). It offers an additional layer of account security on top of the standard password used to log into Head-Fi by generating a one-time password (OTP) to use during login. When 2FA is enabled on a profile, both the standard password and the OTP will be required to log in.
Hello, I added the 2FA in my account but still the option to add new listings for sale is not available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back