Introducing HIFIMAN EF600--Desktop DAC/AMP Featuring HYMALAYA Pro Modules
Mar 4, 2023 at 9:46 PM Post #16 of 264
Agreed on all the above, I’m surprised we haven’t seen more. I really loved the sound on the ef400 and curious about what the ef600 has to offer sonically, as well as how it measures.

Mar 4, 2023 at 9:49 PM Post #17 of 264
It'll also be great for me to drive the RAAL ribbon HPs via the TI-1b interface. 🤗

Mar 7, 2023 at 8:48 PM Post #19 of 264
Has anyone found any reviews yet? Lol
Release date is supposed to be April. One suspects China first before ROW. I reckon any reviews may be on the Chinese websites or weibo currently.

Mar 8, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #20 of 264
Release date is supposed to be April. One suspects China first before ROW. I reckon any reviews may be on the Chinese websites or weibo currently.
Copy that, makes sense. I would imagine they would want to build more hype in the meantime, or there is an embargo on reviews until closer to release date. Either way, the sound on the EF400 was great and I have high expectations from this as well. Appreciate your feedback 🤟🏼

Mar 11, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #21 of 264
I adore the sound of EF400 but it does have issues, and it also seems to vary unit to unit. My first EF400 was simply put perfect, 2nd unit would make some clicking noises on NOS settings with sampling rate 48khz or lower. With higher sampling rate or OS setting this problem is eradicated.

Regardless I love the sound of EF400 so I went ahead and pre-ordered EF600 anyway so I can compare them when it releases. My hope that EF600 doesn't have any issues like EF400.

Mar 16, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #22 of 264
Dear Headfiers:

We are excited to announce that our new products Audivina and EF600 are now available for pre-order!

Don't hesitate to place orders now!

AUDIVINA: https://store.hifiman.com/index.php/audivina.html

EF600: https://store.hifiman.com/index.php/ef600.html
pre-order.jpg

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Mar 16, 2023 at 11:22 PM Post #23 of 264
Mar 18, 2023 at 7:51 PM Post #26 of 264
I'm intrigued with the EF600. It looks to be a nice all-in-one solution (including being a practical HP stand) for a family member when I hand over one my ZMFs to them.
Secondly, I have not tried an R2R DAC yet so I'm curious on the sound characteristics. Looking forward to upcoming reviews and impressions.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2023 at 1:04 AM Post #28 of 264
IF this is able to drive headphones like the Susvara and HE6 convincingly, it will be huge. Especially considering it is an all-in-one solution with such a compact form factor.

Mar 20, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #29 of 264
IF this is able to drive headphones like the Susvara and HE6 convincingly, it will be huge. Especially considering it is an all-in-one solution with such a compact form factor.
At 5.12W per channel on balanced, it all depends on what you expect from your amp. There will be those who will want more. It will work well with the RAAL Requisite TI-1b. So it will be interesting. :)

Mar 22, 2023 at 2:05 AM Post #30 of 264
I'm intrigued with the EF600. It looks to be a nice all-in-one solution (including being a practical HP stand) for a family member when I hand over one my ZMFs to them.
Secondly, I have not tried an R2R DAC yet so I'm curious on the sound characteristics. Looking forward to upcoming reviews and impressions.
An r2r dac for me with the ef400 was pretty sweet. The music sounded more musical to me and wetter if that makes sense. Looking forward to reviews here for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back