Introducing the ALO Audio Rx "Prescription" Mk2 Headphone Amplifier
Aug 29, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #16 of 92

Quote:
How does it sound compared to the first Rx?

Mark,

The bass is a little thicker, and over all a little more refined... However to be honest I have not had enough time with the few I have. The batteries will last forever on one charge so your probably loose your charger I think before you actually need to use it. We did not make any drastic changes to the Rx sound because we felt that the "sound" was not broke and did not need changing much. The main improvement was the battery enlargement, hi lo gain switch, better in and out jacks and the size pairing to match the AlgoRhythm Solo.

Thanks

ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Aug 30, 2010 at 8:04 AM Post #19 of 92
Hi Ken,

Congratulations on the Rx Mk2!!!  This is another home run for Ken / ALO Audio!!! 

We hope to see many of you at RMAF this year in Room 8012

Vinnie

Aug 30, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #20 of 92

Quote:
eek.gif

X2

Aug 30, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #21 of 92
I just checked out the Cypher Labs unit, and cried a little bit at the price tag. Next year, maybe not these. This should finally get some original Rx's on the used market, though. 

Sep 12, 2010 at 7:20 AM Post #24 of 92
Damn, damn, damn ... the Rx is superb and now this!!!

When can we get first impressions, buy and how much?

Sep 15, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #27 of 92

Quote:
Ken, will there be a package deal Solo/RXMK2/Cables? Inquiring minds want to know!

I wish I had a solid date for you... that will be a formidable portable rig and I would venture to say that nothing will touch it.

The Rx Mk2 will be ready for sale in October, we hope early October. Price will be $395 which is a introductory price, comes with 3 amp straps universal charger and a fancy new box/packaging.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Sep 15, 2010 at 7:34 AM Post #28 of 92

Quote:

I wish I had a solid date for you... that will be a formidable portable rig and I would venture to say that nothing will touch it.

The Rx Mk2 will be ready for sale in October, we hope early October. Price will be $395, comes with 3 amp straps universal charger and a fancy new box/packaging.

Ken

Is this mainly for headphones? Or IEMs as well? Also how different is the sound from your Rx?

Sep 15, 2010 at 7:50 AM Post #29 of 92
Can I use the SOLO with the Old RX ?

Sep 15, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #30 of 92

Quote:
Is this mainly for headphones? Or IEMs as well? Also how different is the sound from your Rx?

Do you mean the Rx Mk2? Yes works great for all, IEMs and headphones... even hard to drive full size phones. The sound is much the same as the old Rx, a little bigger in the bass region.

Thanks

ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back