Introducing the CORINA Electrostatic Reference Headphone
Feb 24, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #16 of 326
Feb 24, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #17 of 326
What amps does it pair best with? I have Ray's A-10 Thunderbolt II which has 650 volts on each side of the stator on each earpiece.
That should be plenty of swing. The stator gap is 0.58mm so more voltage swing is good.
Any comparisons with the Audeze CRBN?
We don’t compare to other makers’ products that is kind of poor form, users will have to do that.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Feb 24, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #18 of 326
Although I am super duper excited, I can wait as I already have my endgame HPs: Expanse and Stealth (I wasn't as impressed as Stealth, but now Expanse has 100% of my listening time. With those large drivers of Corina, I am sure it will be a super immersive experince.

Screen-Shot-2017-07-13-at-8.32.00-AM.png

Feb 24, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #19 of 326
Although I am super duper excited, I can wait as I already have my endgame HPs: Expanse and Stealth (I wasn't as impressed as Stealth, but now Expanse has 100% of my listening time. With those large drivers of Corina, I am sure it will be a super immersive experince.

Screen-Shot-2017-07-13-at-8.32.00-AM.png
There are now several high quality, TOTL electrostats out there with a variety of tunings. The Corina needs to do something really special to get my attention. Plus, the powerful, specialized amplification needed is a major factor to consider. For those of us who already have estat amps, this isn't such a concern, but for anyone coming new to estats, serious money is involved when you look at the whole package. All I'm saying is that these need to be off the charts excellent. I had such high hopes for the CRBN and for me it did not deliver. I write this as I am listening to my Aperio, so I am not the target audience for the Corina, but I will be watching with great interest to see what they have come up with.

Feb 24, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #20 of 326
Looking forward to listening to these.... flying over now.... quite literally....

Feb 24, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #21 of 326
We are proud to announce our new flagship electrostatic headphone, CORINA!

Corina v2-001 web.jpg

CORINA makes numerous advances in both sound and ergonomics.

First and most importantly it incorporates our Acoustic Metamaterial Tuning System, for buttery smooth mids and highs that are loaded with detail yet free of the sharp peaks and troughs typical to many headphones. In addition, CORINA has been voiced to deliver a gorgeous midrange with a rich and powerful bottom end, making it a wonderful headphone for anything from electronica to Mozart, and everything in between...

Not only does CORINA sound great, it's also supremely comfortable. Utilizing the acclaimed self-tensioning headband from our STEALTH and EXPANSE headphones, CORINA is as luxuries to wear as it is easy to fit. And our new suede-topped ear pads prevent heat and moisture buildup, for comfortable extended listening sessions.

Corina v2-015 copy.jpg

CORINA is available now for $4,499.99. Shipments begin in March 2023. For more information click here.
it's a beautiful design. wish i can be there at nyc to try jt.

Feb 24, 2023 at 6:10 PM Post #22 of 326
Corina-012.jpg

(Photo from the webpage: https://danclarkaudio.com/corina.html)

They're doubtlessly beautiful looking headphones. But I'm also looking forward to ultimate sound quality :xf_wink:.
I've honestly been a huge fan of Stealth/Expense for many months and my Stealth's lack of tonal/harmonic coloration still wows me.

@mrspeakers May I ask if there's any measurements of the Corina that you can share? If @jude is planning to shoot another videos like Stealth or Expanse, it will be wonderful.

I'm also wondering if the Corina is tuned in a consistent direction with Stealth/Expanse (i.e., experimentally neutral target if I recall correctly). I tried out other well-received estates at various price points and I almost always found they were not much tonally neutral except for the HE-1 (very short demo tho). I believe AMTS can significantly help.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2023 at 6:46 PM Post #23 of 326
There are now several high quality, TOTL electrostats out there with a variety of tunings. The Corina needs to do something really special to get my attention. Plus, the powerful, specialized amplification needed is a major factor to consider. For those of us who already have estat amps, this isn't such a concern, but for anyone coming new to estats, serious money is involved when you look at the whole package. All I'm saying is that these need to be off the charts excellent. I had such high hopes for the CRBN and for me it did not deliver. I write this as I am listening to my Aperio, so I am not the target audience for the Corina, but I will be watching with great interest to see what they have come up with.

I definitely get how you feel, and I remember watching your journey and also going through the same with the CRBN (although to be very fair, still a very fun and enjoyable headphone). Already having a system in place, and having the Expanse, which I was actually a bit surprised by, I'm strongly considering these. For any new TOTL stat I do think it makes sense to have a healthy skepticism, as besting the 009/007 is very hard in it of itself. Whether I buy them or not, I love seeing new stat offerings, so I hope they're really good.

Btw, have you posted about the Aperio/SGL/x9000 anywhere? Not to derail the thread, feel free to post comparisons in my thread or anywhere else, or let me know if you have anywhere. You are probably the most perfect candidate to test the Corina out now that I think about it lol

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2023 at 7:08 PM Post #24 of 326
I definitely get how you feel, and I remember watching your journey and also going through the same with the CRBN (although to be very fair, still a very fun and enjoyable headphone). Already having a system in place, and having the Expanse, which I was actually a bit surprised by, I'm strongly considering these. For any new TOTL stat I do think it makes sense to have a healthy skepticism, as besting the 009/007 is very hard in it of itself. Whether I buy them or not, I love seeing new stat offerings, so I hope they're really good.

Btw, have you posted about the Aperio/SGL/x9000 anywhere? Not to derail the thread, feel free to post comparisons in my thread or anywhere else, or let me know if you have anywhere. You are probably the most perfect candidate to test the Corina out now that I think about it lol
I am so skeptical because at the prices of these TOTL headphones these days, you can't be taken in by all the marketing hype. Few of us get to try these top headphones out before buying so that adds to the skepticism. Based on my collection, the differences I perceive at the very top are smaller than you might imagine. Double or triple the price has not necessarily translated into double or triple the sound quality. So, as to the SGL/Aperio/x9000 trio I have, I think it will take me a while to find the right words to express what I am hearing. I only started into all of this at the start of COVID, so I am not in full command of the terms and concepts the more senior folks on this forum are very familiar with, but I do know what sounds good to me. So, as I am listening I'll make notes and at some point try to put together some useful points for others who may be interested in these 3 wonderful headphones.

Feb 24, 2023 at 7:22 PM Post #25 of 326
I am so skeptical because at the prices of these TOTL headphones these days, you can't be taken in by all the marketing hype. Few of us get to try these top headphones out before buying so that adds to the skepticism. Based on my collection, the differences I perceive at the very top are smaller than you might imagine. Double or triple the price has not necessarily translated into double or triple the sound quality. So, as to the SGL/Aperio/x9000 trio I have, I think it will take me a while to find the right words to express what I am hearing. I only started into all of this at the start of COVID, so I am not in full command of the terms and concepts the more senior folks on this forum are very familiar with, but I do know what sounds good to me. So, as I am listening I'll make notes and at some point try to put together some useful points for others who may be interested in these 3 wonderful headphones.

Trust me, I totally hear you. The diminishing returns set in very quick the higher up you go, and it's very easy to get caught up in it all. And absolutely can't wait, would love to hear whatever thoughts when you do.

------

Back to the Corina, again looks very interesting. I can't wait until the impressions start rolling in. Good to see more high quality stats hitting the market. :)

Feb 24, 2023 at 8:06 PM Post #26 of 326
(Photo from the webpage: https://danclarkaudio.com/corina.html)

They're doubtlessly beautiful looking headphones. But I'm also looking forward to ultimate sound quality :xf_wink:.
I've honestly been a huge fan of Stealth/Expense for many months and my Stealth's lack of tonal/harmonic coloration still wows me.

@mrspeakers May I ask if there's any measurements of the Corina that you can share? If @jude is planning to shoot another videos like Stealth or Expanse, it will be wonderful.

I'm also wondering if the Corina is tuned in a consistent direction with Stealth/Expanse (i.e., experimentally neutral target if I recall correctly). I tried out other well-received estates at various price points and I almost always found they were not much tonally neutral except for the HE-1 (very short demo tho). I believe AMTS can significantly help.
I'll consider publishing measurements.

I'm always a little hesitant because too many people think they know what a headphone sounds like by looking at a graph...

Last edited:
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Feb 24, 2023 at 8:42 PM Post #28 of 326
So there are many ways measurements can fool people. I'd rather impressions get posted before measurements.

Feb 24, 2023 at 11:36 PM Post #29 of 326
So there are many ways measurements can fool people. I'd rather impressions get posted before measurements.

Agree and entirely understandable.

Feb 25, 2023 at 3:45 AM Post #30 of 326
Agree’d, just finished testing our set up and Corina sounds simply stunning of our Grand Caymen and the Mytek Empire! We can’t wait for everyone to hear it tomorrow, it’ll be in the DCA/HeadAmp room alongside the BHSE and a few other DACs/source

We also have a second surprise we think everyone at the show will enjoy too! But you’ll have to wait till tomorrow’s impressions come in to find out what that is…

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back