iPod Cases
Aug 19, 2006 at 1:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

elnero

Headphoneus Supremus
I've been doing some research into cases for a 5G 60 gig iPod video. I don't want to go overboard with price, probably a $30 - $40 budget but of course cheaper is better. I've always had an affinity for leather cases, I love the Vaja case I have for my Rio Carbon but I can't realistically afford a Vaja for the iPod and moreover I'm not quite as enthusiastic about their newer designs.

My research has yielded these results as being contenders, iSkin eVo3, iFrogz and the Pods Plus Aluminum V2. The eVo3 is at the top of the list because it seems to offer good all-round protection and I particularly like the harder resin front piece, it seems almost like a best of both worlds in this respect, it also allows universal dock connection which is where I project the iPod will sit when not in use or when in use in my speaker system. My main concerns with the eVo3 are with dirt and lint attraction and I've read some reservations about the belt clip.

So can any of you eVo3 owners relate your experiences with the case or any advice pointers? If I'm using a case with this type of protection and I intend to leave it on all the time would it be necessary to bother with BSE? While I can see the advantages of BSE it looks like it can be a pain in the butt as well.

Also, any other recommendations are appreciated, my main requirements would be decent all round protection, belt clip for occasional use and universal dock connection without taking the case off.

Aug 19, 2006 at 5:59 PM Post #2 of 4
I just use a BSE as I'm not that concerned with dropping it. The Evo3 looks nice, so does the Core case. One thing to look into is the size of the headphone openining and if it fits oversized jacks. Check ou ilounge.com, I've read that the headphone opening on the Evo needs to be modded to fit bigger jacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back