Is there a reason to own both IE8 & IE7
Nov 14, 2009 at 6:49 AM Post #3 of 7
I don't see the reason to own both of them, unless you are big fans of IE series.

As far as I knew, IE7 has a more neutral prominent vocal, and less bass and soundstage. That is biggest difference I have seen so far.

Nov 14, 2009 at 2:00 PM Post #7 of 7
Thanks for the replies and the info.

The reason I started this thread is because I am getting tired of testing and returning headphones. I finally decided to order several models at once to compare them directly. I asked about keeping both models because the site that I purchased the 7s and 8s from said that I wasn't able to return them if they were used. So it was either keep both or stop the order on the 8s.

I had the 8s in the past but returned them because of bass (I admit that I didn't burn them in long enough though). After reading some of the threads regarding the 8s w/ 300+ hours of use I started to think that I was too hasty in their return.... until this morning when the Royal Mail delivered my IE7s.

Based on my initial impression I think that this is now a moot point. The order on the 8s is now cancelled, as I think I finally found a pair that suits me. The 7's are fantastic! I won't go into why I think so here (I'm soon off the IE7 appreciation thread). Wow.

Thanks again for all that added their input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back