Jumping from the original Crossfade LP to the M100
Oct 28, 2013 at 11:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Dukk

New Head-Fier
How much of a quality difference are we talking here? The Crossfade Over-Ear line has pretty much every feature that's important to me in my daily life and I've considered jumping up in quality but I thought you guys would have some good advice on if I would be wasting my money or not. Are they just an overall upgrade that would be worth the money?

Oct 29, 2013 at 1:22 AM Post #2 of 4
You can probably find all the information you would ever want on the M100s in the appreciation thread

I own the LPs and had the m100s for a while before returning them. Liked them alot, but the mids were a bit too recessed for me. The M100s have a substantial jump in clarity in the treble and mid regions. Much better texture on the bass. Less quantity of bass than the LPs, but plentiful for bass oriented modern music. They have a V shaped sound with emphasis on the treble and bass regions. The mids are laid back, and will seem further away on the soundstage, with the bass at the forefront and treble right there with the bass. Overall, the M100s are much better than the LPs in terms of coherance and the bass is substantially better in quality although may seem lacking if you're looking for the sheer amount of bass that the LPs can put out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back