JVC FX500 Isolation?
Aug 20, 2011 at 4:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

SikkNazty

Head-Fier
Sorry for making a whole new thread but it looks like my old thread died...

So I've decided I'm going to buy these suckers from Jzool for about $150. I've heard these things have amazing bass (I am a bass head, I have a 12" Alpine Type-R in my bedroom if that says anything). The only question I haven't found an answer to is, do these things have pretty good isolation? IMO the Sennheiser CX500s were awesome and so were the Monster Turbine Pro Golds. So how would the FX500s compare to these two headphones?

Aug 20, 2011 at 5:19 AM Post #2 of 7
isolation is going to be noticeably less than those two mentioned. Atrio M5 MG7 seem like a good alternative if you want good isolation. 

Aug 20, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #3 of 7

Quote:
isolation is going to be noticeably less than those two mentioned. Atrio M5 MG7 seem like a good alternative if you want good isolation. 

The atrio's look so cheap to me though... >.< How do you think the vsonic gr07's isolation is? I was looking at those and I heard that they have some awesome bass too...

Aug 20, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #4 of 7
gr07 isolation will be better than the JVC's and a little less than the Atrios.  The Atrios look better in person than in pics.  Their plastic housing is pretty tough, so you wouldn't have to worry about damaging them.

Quote:
The atrio's look so cheap to me though... >.< How do you think the vsonic gr07's isolation is? I was looking at those and I heard that they have some awesome bass too...

Aug 21, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #6 of 7
The JVC FX500 bass is very deep and it's reverb(like very few IEMs) but it's not punchy as Sennheiser IE series IEMs.

Oct 27, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #7 of 7
I DISCOVERED A THING...

1. First off, my new (from 2019) pair of HP-FX500's recently lost a rear (metal w/ grille) cap. It was causing very un-(even/equalized) pressure in my ears and sinues.
  2. Secondly, I guess it was glued on the end of the wooden body of the IEM. There is glue residue on the wood. This is to be expected.
  3. However, I decided to see if I could remove the still covered rear cap from the still-capped right channel.
  4. I was able to remove it with, sadly, less force than I'd hoped it would take to remove the part.
  5. I saved the rear cap with my unused ear tips
  6. Upon playing music, I noticed a thing. Well, a couple of things.
  7. There was little imbalance due to pressure in my ears and sinuses. Yay!
  8. Additionally I noticed the Treble had gone up in Presence
  9. Additionally I noticed the Bass was BIGGER, and less FOCUSED (more rounded in spatial presence and character)
  10. Additionally I noticed with this Bass BLOOM, I could "hear" the Bass as well as "feel" the Bass. Yes, it became not only larger in presentation and quantity, but physically more "tactile".
  11. I wish I had my lost rear cap, so I could A/B to spot for additional sonic characteristics between the HP-FX500 (as manufactured) vs. (fully open)...
  12. I'm not suggesting anyone try to "follow along" and attempt to break the seal between the Earphone housing and the rear cap. These were $500.00usd at product launch, and even new existing stock or Mint Condition units go for north of $250.00usd...
  13. Caveat Emptor.
  14. Don't Try This At Home, Kids.
  15. I used the JVC Sprial Dot (M), HIFIMAN RE-series Bi-Flange, SpinFit (M) ear tips.
  16. The sonic character sounded/felt more like a live concert (which I used to go to throughout my youth quite freqently) than with the rear caps.
  17. My pair's acoustic filter material sealing the nozzles had come loose almost immediately after opening the IEM's and using them for less than a month.
  18. Yep. I have trouble with being concise. Going for staying on topic, instead of going for brevity.
  19. Yes, THE THING I DISCOVERED was a whole new character that the earphones are capable of presenting, albeit in a less sonically accurate (compared to stock) rendition.
  20. OH, the OTHER THING is that it makes the "uncapped"/"unplugged" HP-FX500 fantastic for listening to Electronic music. Or any Bass Heavy music. Much more GRUNT.
  21. Have fun!
PS: I just used my thumbnail to pry that remaining rear cap off of the housing.

DISCLAIMER:
I am not responsible in any way for what an owner chooses to do or not do to their property. Just an FYI. Thought someone might find this info an interesting momentary distraction.

PPS: Now that I'm lusting after the HA-FW1000 (with it's wallet-murdering pricetag!) and it is the 10th Anniversary of the HP-FX500 (I guess it's the 10th Birthday for my favorite IEM, of which I have had 3 pair so far, unluckily enough!) I DO get a NEW Victor JVC Kenwood Wood Dome earphone. No, silly, not the HA-FW1000. The "Uncorked" HP-FX500. Yes. It sounds that dramatically different. To me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back