JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Jan 8, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #1,742 of 3,271
Everyone, just forget the FXZ200 and get the SONY XB800's and thank me later
wink.gif

Jan 8, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #1,748 of 3,271
I was thinking about the advancement of these 3 dynamics..Thinking outside the box here. If these become a big seller for JVC. I am very optimistic of more 3 dynamics..I am willing to bet every single Japanese manufacturers are looking at these with the evil eye right about now.

Jan 8, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #1,750 of 3,271
Hmmm? Interesting take on the FXZ100, FlySweep, buddy. Thanks for your impressions. I'm curious about what tips you are using. I don't find the FXT90 and FXZ100 to sound anything alike, yet both are clearly in the JVC family. I do agree with you on bass texture of the BA200, although the TDK's extension comes nowhere near the Z100. I will say this, the original GR07 drums (snare and mid percussion) has a bit more ummph than the Z100, but when I listen to the JVCs do drum solos it tends to win out over the GR07. The GR07 can't compete in the 3-Dish sound of the Z100 in my opinion. I'm expecting this to be even more of the case with the Z200. The FXD80 is still a great earphone in it's own right, but I agree in not necessarily calling the Z100 a basshead earphone, but one that a basshead can appreciate.

Stock tips.  Fit is fine.  Agreed on the GR07 point... the FXD100 has better dynamics and depth (leading to a more multidimensional than the GR07).  The Z100 has has more impact/punch.. a livelier sound than the more neutral sounding GR07.. but not as colored as the D80.  For people who found the GR07's bass to be a little too subtle or lacking engagement.. the Z100 will satisfy.. without sounding excessively boosted and colored.

Finally - some detailed and relavant comparisons. Thanks Flysweep.
How would you compare the fxz100's soundstage preportions to those of the fxt90, fxd80 and GR07?
And when you get time, 7X impressions in the 5X thread please :wink:

It's been a while since I had the FXD80, but I'd say it had a slightly wider stage (sounded more airy/open due to the enhanced treble) than the Z100.  The GR07 has a wider stage as well.  The Z100 has a deeper stage than both the D80 & GR07 (the D80 being closer to the Z100's stage depth).  All three phones has good ss proportionality.  The Z100 has a slightly wider stage than the T90 & the Z100 is, again, deeper.  It's been a while since I owned the T90 so I don't remember its nuances to a T.  I'd like a bit more width on the Z100, but that's more a personal taste than any inherent weakness of the Z100.

I'll have thoughts on the 7X up soon.. it'll be quite positive.  I'm enjoying them very much.. to use a cliche, it's kind of like the BA200 "on steroids," and that's a very good thing in my book (since I liked the BA200 even more than the GR07 MKII).

These descriptions sealed the deal. Now I'm just waiting for eke's "confirmation".
I do have a few questions about your descriptions though. When you mention the following:
but in evaluating the bass response as a whole (texturing, clarity, speed, timbre, PRaT, etc.), I didn't get the sense it was miles more impressive than what I've heard from other high quality dynamic/dual dynamic, hybrid, or even multi-BA drivers.  The GR07 MKII's bass more than holds it's own in comparison, IMO.

Are you saying that the fxz100 bass is technically on par with the gr07 and maybe oh so slightly better than the gr07 mkii but definitely not lower in performance???

Correct.

BTW.. I ordered the Z100 (just after Danny send them to me to audition).  I like them and appreciate what JVC is going for with the sound.. but I'm not sure they'll get the listening time they deserve since I've got a couple of customs.  I'll have my Z100's for sale (NIB/unopened.. basically like you're getting them from Amazon.co.jp/Tenso) once they arrive.  If someone is interested in them, PM me.  Price will be exactly what I paid for them.

Jan 8, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #1,751 of 3,271
A little bass drum kicks to your heads before you go to sleep! (ps. There is an English version of the song as well but come on, Swedish is cooler :wink: )

Jan 8, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #1,752 of 3,271
after reading every post in this thread it seems that the 200s are what I really want. Only problem is I need iem that I can use at the gym and when Im running... Doesn't look like these are made for that :D 

Jan 8, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #1,753 of 3,271
Quote:
I would like to know if any of you with the FXZ200 has ever heard the UM3X or Westone 3. What I would like to know is how do they compare in terms of MID bass quantity.

I have the Westone 3 so I'll let you know as soon as I get my 200 in the coming weeks- that is, if you're still interested. 
normal_smile .gif

Perhaps I'll throw the FX700 in there for comparison for everyone else (since I noticed a few Head-fiers requesting this) as well. 

Jan 8, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #1,754 of 3,271
My 200's arrived today via amazon.jp. I unpacked them and immediately plugged them into my Musical Fidelity HPA1 amp for burn-in and have Jon Hassell Voiceprint on repeat. Haven't listened to them at all and won't until this weekend after they have some hours on them!

Jan 8, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #1,755 of 3,271
Quote:
My 200's arrived today via amazon.jp. I unpacked them and immediately plugged them into my Musical Fidelity HPA1 amp for burn-in and have Jon Hassell Voiceprint on repeat. Haven't listened to them at all and won't until this weekend after they have some hours on them!

Thats self-control!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back