K701 thread
Feb 11, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #2,566 of 2,619
I'll be honest, I never liked the 701 for gaming. No matter the sources I used, they lacked the low end warmth and sounded thin. Yeah, there's a lot of space... But they didn't have the width I thought they'd have. Far away sounds didn't sound as audible or clear as the immediate surroundings.

I prefer IEMs for gaming now tbh.

Feb 11, 2023 at 3:23 PM Post #2,567 of 2,619
The bass definitely improved when I changed the to the Furutech brass 1/4 inch headphone plug. Plus, the headphone smoothed out and became less analytical.
The 701s are not an easy headphone to drive that is for sure. My Burson Ha-160 is definitely up to the task. More than a few headphone amps I had heard with them over the years including some high end ones did not mate well with them. But they are revealing headphones a lot of studio engineers used them. So they are accurate.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2023 at 11:39 PM Post #2,568 of 2,619
I'll be honest, I never liked the 701 for gaming. No matter the sources I used, they lacked the low end warmth and sounded thin. Yeah, there's a lot of space... But they didn't have the width I thought they'd have. Far away sounds didn't sound as audible or clear as the immediate surroundings.

I prefer IEMs for gaming now tbh.
Yeah, today I used the K701's after not using them for a while. It sounds very thin and anemic with stock pads. The Yaxi pads are the only way I can listen with them now. They give just enough fullness and warmth in the bass and low-mids for my preference (though bass won't rumble), and the treble is smoother. However, the upper-mid shout is still present, so I have to use EQ.

I have tried IEMs, and unfortunately I find most of them uncomfortable for long use. The only ones I liked were the Final E and B series. Those I can wear all day :relaxed:

Feb 16, 2023 at 8:16 AM Post #2,570 of 2,619
I have found a used Q701 from a fellow head-fier and it should arrive today.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #2,571 of 2,619
I mainly bought this headphone for gaming, but I sat down with it last night and listened to a little music.

Fantastic headphone and especially for the price...I found this one for under $75 delivered.

AKG1.jpg

AKG2.jpg

I had forgotten how light weight and comfortable there are on your head.

Apr 7, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #2,572 of 2,619
I mainly bought this headphone for gaming, but I sat down with it last night and listened to a little music.

Fantastic headphone and especially for the price...I found this one for under $75 delivered.

AKG1.jpg
AKG2.jpg
Wow. Beauty. Great price also. I just bought one, Made in Austria also. Got them from the original owner and they’re also in pristine condition like yours. Enjoy !

Apr 8, 2023 at 7:24 AM Post #2,573 of 2,619
Wow. Beauty. Great price also. I just bought one, Made in Austria also. Got them from the original owner and they’re also in pristine condition like yours. Enjoy !
Congrats.

Pretty detailed headphones, just a bit light on bass.

Great bang for the buck.

Apr 8, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #2,574 of 2,619
Yes AKG made great headphones but they take the direction in reverse, so good the K701 is, the past sextett was better because more natural sound and the K340 is on another acoustic level than these 2 completely .... I own the three...

Apr 8, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #2,575 of 2,619

AKG1.jpg
AKG2.jpg
Nice! Anyone know if the Q and K have different tunings, or it’s just cosmetic? I’ve got a K, 7 bump headband, angled pads. Don’t know the year.

Apr 9, 2023 at 6:58 AM Post #2,577 of 2,619
Nice! Anyone know if the Q and K have different tunings, or it’s just cosmetic? I’ve got a K, 7 bump headband, angled pads. Don’t know the year.

I really do not know as I have never heard a K. Hopefully someone here will be able to tell you more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back