Kennerton Magni v2 to v3 upgrade...anyone done it?
Jan 18, 2022 at 6:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

revolutionz

100+ Head-Fier
I recently purchased a set of Magni's in Bog Oak. They are v2's. It was an ebay purchase. I do like their sound but of course my brain is telling me that I need to have it upgraded to v3 for the best possible performance. Along with that, the left ear cuts in and out (can't tell if it's the cable or the plug).

I contacted Kennerton, and was told that I can upgrade to v3 for about $170 (which would include new wood as the bog oak isn't available for the v3) or I can upgrade to v3 plus all inner components, connectors and drivers along with a "special headband upgrade" so basically a full rebuild for $330. I got the pair for $550 shipped off the used market, I feel like I could have just bought a brand new pair of v3's at that point, and would pretty much have a brand new pair of v3's.

I've considered just selling them for what I paid and then purchasing a brand new pair, but I can't in good conscience until I get the left ear cutting in and out issue solved (not sure if I have any recourse through ebay for this, no way to prove it was or wasn't doing it prior to me using them for the first time)

Has anyone gone through the upgrade process or heard the v2 vs the v3 and can tell me in their opinion if it was worth the upgrade? My other thought was to sell my bog oak v2 for what I paid and just order a brand new pair of v3 from audio46 as it would be about the same as what I paid for the v2 plus the upgrade.

Apr 5, 2024 at 12:50 AM Post #2 of 3
I recently purchased a set of Magni's in Bog Oak. They are v2's. It was an ebay purchase. I do like their sound but of course my brain is telling me that I need to have it upgraded to v3 for the best possible performance. Along with that, the left ear cuts in and out (can't tell if it's the cable or the plug).

I contacted Kennerton, and was told that I can upgrade to v3 for about $170 (which would include new wood as the bog oak isn't available for the v3) or I can upgrade to v3 plus all inner components, connectors and drivers along with a "special headband

upgrade" so basically a full rebuild for $330. I got the pair for $550 shipped off the used market, I feel like I could have just bought a brand new pair of v3's at that point, and would pretty much have a brand new pair of v3's.

I've considered just selling them for what I paid and then purchasing a brand new pair, but I can't in good conscience until I get the left ear cutting in and out issue solved (not sure if I have any recourse through ebay for this, no way to prove it was or wasn't doing it prior to me using them for the first time)

Has anyone gone through the upgrade process or heard the v2 vs the v3 and can tell me in their opinion if it was worth the upgrade? My other thought was to sell my bog oak v2 for what I paid and just order a brand new pair of v3 from audio46 as it would be about the same as what I paid for the v2 plus the upgrade.
Did you pay with PayPal? If you did and the seller did not identify any problems they will give you your money back. My personal opinion of eBay's warrantee is that it is a scam. They will find some reason to find in favor of the seller. I am a big eBay buyer as well. But I always pay attention to how many items the seller has sold and the seller's rating. Any rating below 98% satisfaction I pass. You just cannot trust eBay or many of the sellers.

Apr 22, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #3 of 3
Mussread

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back