Klipsch Image X10 or TripleFi 10
Nov 28, 2011 at 9:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

NoBass99

New Head-Fier
So recently I purchase a pair of Klipsch Image X10s on Amazon for the lovely price of 95 dollars. However I originally wanted to purchase the TripleFi 10s but they sold out before I had the opportunity to purchase them… My main reason for wanting the TF 10s over the X10s is the fact that the TF10s have a have replaceable cable.  From my previous experience with IEM’s I have found that the first thing to break is the cable and so I am worried about having an IEM this expensive without a replaceable cable.  However from all other perspectives I feel that the X10s are a much better choice because the music that I listen to is better expressed by the X10’s. So is it worth going through the trouble of selling my X10s for a pair of TF10s just because they have a replaceable cable?

Nov 28, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #2 of 11
Probably not, IIRC the X10 has a 2 year warranty. Since people are saying the X10 has more bass and that's what you want, I wouldn't bother. Haven't got my X10s yet so I can't compare.

Nov 28, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #3 of 11
The cables on both phones are known to have problems. If the TF10 cable breaks, you can purchase a better aftermarket cable. If the X10 cable breaks, you gotta send them in for repairs.

Get the TF10

Nov 28, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #6 of 11

Quote:
Probably not, IIRC the X10 has a 2 year warranty. Since people are saying the X10 has more bass and that's what you want, I wouldn't bother. Haven't got my X10s yet so I can't compare.

The thing is im not sure its bass that i want but rather a fuller more balanced sound. Just for reference i mainly listen classic rock and bands like Radiohead.

Nov 28, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #7 of 11
For what it's worth, I bought both the TF10's and the X10's. 

I've only had them for the night, but I majorly prefer the X10's to the TF10's.
I will give a short comparison, but remember, I've only been listening to them for a few hours.
(Also, I am an IEM noob)

TF10-
Lots of treble energy. Lots of Bass. It seems like everything but the treble and bass gets drowned out.
Treble is very detailed and exposes more treble detail than any other headphone I own. (Or at least, puts them loud and out front so they get noticed alot more)
I've heard better Bass. There just seems to be lots of it.
Soundstage feels very congested. Certain things sound terrible because of this.
(Does it sound like I might not have them sealed right?)

X10
Much more neutral sound with more airiness. More dynamics.
The treble could be slightly sweeter, but honestly, I can't complain. 
Overall just sounds better, but does lose out on some of the treble detail.

Nov 28, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #8 of 11
The x10 has garbage treble. Silibant and sometimes harsh. Lacks a lot of the detail tf10 provides across the entire range. X10 has a more foward midrange but not really any better. I like the lows on the tf10 much better. If I wanted a warm iem I would get the IE8. Its amazing they cost about the same. 

IMO, the tf10 is a superior IEM. 

Nov 28, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #9 of 11

Quote:
The x10 has garbage treble. Silibant and sometimes harsh. Lacks a lot of the detail tf10 provides across the entire range. X10 has a more foward midrange but not really any better. I like the lows on the tf10 much better. If I wanted a warm iem I would get the IE8. Its amazing they cost about the same. 

IMO, the tf10 is a superior IEM. 

So, what am I doing wrong then? Or should we knock this one up to preference?
Do you have any specific tracks in which you really prefer the TF10's?

Also, I find the TF10's treble alot harsher than the X10's.

Nov 28, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #10 of 11

Quote:
So, what am I doing wrong then? Or should we knock this one up to preference?
Do you have any specific tracks in which you really prefer the TF10's?

Also, I find the TF10's treble alot harsher than the X10's.

It sounds like you have a bad seal. Especially when you say the TF10s lack soundstage. The TF10s SS is much more "3D' (for lack of a better word) than the X10s. I basically agree with all of what imboden says.

Dec 4, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #11 of 11
So i thought i would post my final actions. So i have listened to both the TF10s and the X10s. First of all i'd like to say that the X10s are small, i mean REALLY small, and the TF10s are huge. As for sound quality i agree that the TF10s have a better soundstage and that they have stunning treble and the X10s have a shrunken treble, but its not bad by any means. The TF10s sound slightly better but they are not nearly as portable as the X10s and their sound quality really isn't that much better, they both have stunning sound quality. In the end i chose the X10s  but i am definitely going to buy my own pair of TF10s next year (from what i hear they go on sale every year). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back