Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 30, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #63,871 of 63,882
Apr 30, 2024 at 5:50 PM Post #63,872 of 63,882
Gotta Catch ’Em All! haha

May 1, 2024 at 12:19 AM Post #63,874 of 63,882
Did a unboxing and initial impression of the KZ ZS10 Pro 2

So in the video my issue was it was quite bright to me even with the treble switch down. Did some tip rolling after the video. I find final audio e tips and Senda xelastic 2 to work out for me. Especially the second one made the whole experience a lot better. I still do feel there’s something missing in the lower mids which can make vocals at times on the light towards hollow side, overall I do find it very enjoyable with female vocals and good alternative for people who enjoy the brighter signature.

May 1, 2024 at 4:10 AM Post #63,875 of 63,882
Did a unboxing and initial impression of the KZ ZS10 Pro 2

So in the video my issue was it was quite bright to me even with the treble switch down. Did some tip rolling after the video. I find final audio e tips and Senda xelastic 2 to work out for me. Especially the second one made the whole experience a lot better. I still do feel there’s something missing in the lower mids which can make vocals at times on the light towards hollow side, overall I do find it very enjoyable with female vocals and good alternative for people who enjoy the brighter signature.

I agree… it really is like a ZS10 2.0 but even with the bass switches all boosted it still sounds like the 6 has more bass… but the 10 2 still sounds amazing and I like the treble energy as it’s usually not too sibilant.

May 1, 2024 at 4:11 AM Post #63,876 of 63,882
This isn't even funny anymore. Vader balanced is absolutely the same as CCA Trio (compare the company graphs). Not only is the same hardware used, but they didn't even want to mess with the tuning anymore. So if you want it more expensive, buy it as a KZ and if you want it cheaper, buy it as a CCA. At first I thought they had completely lost their minds. Then I realised that they know very well what they are doing and that this primitive business model works well for them. Not all buyers are as discerning as the participants in headphone forums...

EDIT: And to be complete and objective, I consider the CCA Trio to be very good budget IEMs.
How is it the same tuning when the Vader has two tuning styles to choose from?

May 1, 2024 at 5:53 AM Post #63,878 of 63,882
The KZ 784 cable with SE 3.5 can easily be modded to balanced 4.4 with this jack https://aliexpress.com/item/1005003630325689.html (AF4.4TQ-W TRRRS / AF4.4TQ-B TRRRS). You actually may left the stock fittings, and only replace the jack - the soft coupling and furniture tube may remains original.
Just unscrew the original tube fittings, then you need to unsolder L+/R+, the common twist, unravel the common ground twist, and divide it into L- and R- with multimeter test check.
KZ-PR1-Pro-Wired-Earphone.jpg
4.4JACK.JPG
IMG_20240501_094327.jpg
IMG_20240501_094318.jpg
IMG_20240501_094251.jpg
IMG_20240501_094220.jpg
IMG_20240501_094343.jpg

May 1, 2024 at 7:49 AM Post #63,879 of 63,882
I agree… it really is like a ZS10 2.0 but even with the bass switches all boosted it still sounds like the 6 has more bass… but the 10 2 still sounds amazing and I like the treble energy as it’s usually not too sibilant.
It's amazing as long as you like the brighter signature ahah. For me I just had to turn the switch off and use a tip to further cut it slightly and all is good. I can listen to this for hours without much issue.

Though I wonder if there are tips that can increase mids and reduce highs. Wanna try rolling more tips in the near future for this.

May 1, 2024 at 8:56 AM Post #63,880 of 63,882
It's amazing as long as you like the brighter signature ahah. For me I just had to turn the switch off and use a tip to further cut it slightly and all is good. I can listen to this for hours without much issue.

Though I wonder if there are tips that can increase mids and reduce highs. Wanna try rolling more tips in the near future for this.
Compared to other tips, foam tips tend to boost frequencies in the 3k to 5.5k range while reducing peaks in the 6k to 9k area. Personally, I’m not a big fan of foam tips due to their fit, but they should achieve exactly what you’re looking for.

An image for reference from MD Jacques’s video on the ZS10 PRO 2:
Tips comparison.jpg

Here's the link if you want to check the review (English subtitles are available):

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 9:23 AM Post #63,881 of 63,882

usually i use Final-E eartips to increase mid and reduce high

May 1, 2024 at 6:20 PM Post #63,882 of 63,882
Compared to other tips, foam tips tend to boost frequencies in the 3k to 5.5k range while reducing peaks in the 6k to 9k area. Personally, I’m not a big fan of foam tips due to their fit, but they should achieve exactly what you’re looking for.

An image for reference from MD Jacques’s video on the ZS10 PRO 2:

Here's the link if you want to check the review (English subtitles are available):

Foam tips do
usually i use Final-E eartips to increase mid and reduce high
yup I use final audio E tips. I think Xelastics are better since final audio do make it a touch dull after reducing the upper mid frequencies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back