Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 28, 2024 at 1:58 AM Post #63,841 of 63,986
Wasabi just uploaded this:

I'm not really interested after watching how it graphs.

IF you are a bass head this might not for you

but with it comes to this particular pricing, my concern is not the amount of bass and mainly more on how good the quality/resolution on bass is.

according to Paul, KZ continuous improvement on the DD seems to give a great result here with Hydro having a clean good quality bass.
and it seems the cleaner bass tuning, give good black background for the mid to sing better.
because slower, less resolute DD with high subbass tuning tends to pollute the other freq, that didn't happen here.
while he noted that the treble is more extended than KZ other sets, he also noted that KZ start to show Bellsing BAs technical limit.

But overall its very positive,
and seems to be good evolution of Rhapsody/castor/trio tuning.
tough paul also noted, compared to castorbasz, hydro might be less "fun" and more on "serious/detail" listening thing. slightly different demographic

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 3:54 AM Post #63,842 of 63,986
I just evaluated my DDs and hybrids using a methodical approach, in my quest to find a DD I like. Most of the winners are hybrids.

The winners are: KZ ZS10 Pro X (really quite good), Sniffer DEET-6 (amazing), Tri i4 (the sound stage and detail are awesome, but you need the right tips to tame the treble), Dunu Titan S

Runner up: KZ BA10, Tripowin Olina

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 12:31 PM Post #63,843 of 63,986
so in my new KZ buying attempts here's my thoughts:
EDX PRO X: a more neutral sound than the original EDX but not better.
Symphony: Love the planar driver's musicality and timbre, but the bass here is a little over-boosted, and some vocals are too recessed.
AS24: stunning vocals and details but not quite as rich a sound as the Symphony... bass underwhelming for some songs despite all bass switches up and Full power mode activated on the AZ20 Bluetooth adapter.

I'm getting the ZS10 PRO 2 and hope it will strike a balance here, but I'm also wondering about one of KZ's PR series without the excessive bass of the Symphony, but more than the AS24 lol. I heard the Pros were better and that the PR3 were a mixed bag, but idk. I know people here panic about using planars on Bluetooth modules, but the AZ20 on full power mode seems quite capable of running the Symphony, and it makes them sound better for sure than using wired and an apple dongle.

Apr 28, 2024 at 4:13 PM Post #63,844 of 63,986
so in my new KZ buying attempts here's my thoughts:
EDX PRO X: a more neutral sound than the original EDX but not better.
Symphony: Love the planar driver's musicality and timbre, but the bass here is a little over-boosted, and some vocals are too recessed.
AS24: stunning vocals and details but not quite as rich a sound as the Symphony... bass underwhelming for some songs despite all bass switches up and Full power mode activated on the AZ20 Bluetooth adapter.

I'm getting the ZS10 PRO 2 and hope it will strike a balance here, but I'm also wondering about one of KZ's PR series without the excessive bass of the Symphony, but more than the AS24 lol. I heard the Pros were better and that the PR3 were a mixed bag, but idk. I know people here panic about using planars on Bluetooth modules, but the AZ20 on full power mode seems quite capable of running the Symphony, and it makes them sound better for sure than using wired and an apple dongle.
I don't like the AS24 bass as well, they are a bit muddy for my taste. The vocal is also a bit too pronounced.

I think the ZS10 PRO 2 should win on bass, for mid range, I am not sure but I prefer vocal on ZS10 PRO 2 as it gives more spaces to other instruments. For treble, AS24 is just better, they have plenty of details without hurting your ear.

Apr 28, 2024 at 10:19 PM Post #63,845 of 63,986
Just bought a pair of KZ ZSN PRO a few weeks ago based on reviews here and noticed on the box that impedance is 16ohm and sensitivity is 109db. The box is a typical KZ box with specs on the back.They sound good but I could not find any references online with these IEMS having this spec. Manufacturer website, seller and reviews on Head-Fi all say 24ohm and 112db sensitivity. Does anyone have any idea why my set has these unusual specs without any suffix added to the model name? How does this difference affect the performance? I would like post images of the box but I'm a newbie and it is not letting me post images.

Apr 29, 2024 at 2:20 AM Post #63,846 of 63,986
Just bought a pair of KZ ZSN PRO a few weeks ago based on reviews here and noticed on the box that impedance is 16ohm and sensitivity is 109db. The box is a typical KZ box with specs on the back.They sound good but I could not find any references online with these IEMS having this spec. Manufacturer website, seller and reviews on Head-Fi all say 24ohm and 112db sensitivity. Does anyone have any idea why my set has these unusual specs without any suffix added to the model name? How does this difference affect the performance? I would like post images of the box but I'm a newbie and it is not letting me post images.
Does it matter?

Apr 29, 2024 at 6:25 AM Post #63,850 of 63,986
Deleted

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2024 at 12:43 PM Post #63,851 of 63,986
Does it matter?
Thank you for your very informative reply. Why did you bother to reply if "does it matter" is the only reply you could come up with? I guess that could be an easy reply to any question ever asked, but why bother.
Thanks for the cold shoulder on my very first reply on these forums.
Hopefully someone else here can give me a more informative reply, my post was only a curious question, my life does not depend on it.

Apr 29, 2024 at 1:06 PM Post #63,852 of 63,986
IF you are a bass head this might not for you

but with it comes to this particular pricing, my concern is not the amount of bass and mainly more on how good the quality/resolution on bass is.

according to Paul, KZ continuous improvement on the DD seems to give a great result here with Hydro having a clean good quality bass.
and it seems the cleaner bass tuning, give good black background for the mid to sing better.
because slower, less resolute DD with high subbass tuning tends to pollute the other freq, that didn't happen here.
while he noted that the treble is more extended than KZ other sets, he also noted that KZ start to show Bellsing BAs technical limit.

But overall its very positive,
and seems to be good evolution of Rhapsody/castor/trio tuning.
tough paul also noted, compared to castorbasz, hydro might be less "fun" and more on "serious/detail" listening thing. slightly different demographic

I don't know whether I'm a basshead or not. My favorite IEM is the MP145.

1000064147.png

I just feel that almost every time CCA/KZ releases a new IEM every review out there is about how they finally got it right, always forgetting that they already said that about the previous IEM, and implying that said previously praised IEM must now be seen as "not quite right yet".

I hope that you all enjoy the new set as much as possible. Doesn't seem made for me particularly, maybe I'm mistaken, but I, for the moment, will refrain on indulging in my insane expenditure on IEMs.

Apr 29, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #63,854 of 63,986
Thank you for your very informative reply. Why did you bother to reply if "does it matter" is the only reply you could come up with? I guess that could be an easy reply to any question ever asked, but why bother.
Thanks for the cold shoulder on my very first reply on these forums.
Hopefully someone else here can give me a more informative reply, my post was only a curious question, my life does not depend on it.
Sorry you feel that way. That wasn't the intent. My point is that you won't hear the difference except for maybe a tiny difference in the amount of power you need to send to the IEM to achieve a given volume level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back