Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 4, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #9,931 of 64,190
  OK not sure why but I've been listening to this Black Light Syndrome disc constantly for days now and randomly tried track 2 with the EDR2 and it was OK but they need burn-in so mute point. Tried the Puro IEM500 and just wasn't happening so threw on the ED3 Acme and BAM! this is sounding good now...rockin' deep bass and crunchy highs I'm liking these little b@$t@rds more and more...
beerchug.gif

which tips you are using with ED3? anything from KZ or aliexp???

Mar 4, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #9,932 of 64,190
My ear canals don't get along with stock KZ tips - I think my ear canals are too narrow. Only the foamies work if I pinch em right before they go in, the silicone ones give driver flex - even small. The olive shape is not for me I spose. These have been my go to tip since I got them on ATE and now on ZN1 Mini - will tip roll again for EDR2.
Biflange soft silicone tips with a wide bore - got them at EE and apparently they are Sennheiser IE80 styled tips.
Medium in left ear, small in right, good to go.

The double flange wide-bored tips you have pictured are the same exact kinds I'm using on my ATN (ZN1). They work wonders on comfort and SQ. Nice posting! 
beerchug.gif

Mar 4, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #9,933 of 64,190
  @EISENbricher

Here's the KZ ATE (stock silicone tips):

Yep, that's the "calibrated", diffuse-field compensated measurement. Looks quite neutral with a roll-off in the upper treble (the dip around 6 kHz is around 5 dB less present, it is a calibration error) , doesn't it? But that's totally not how the ATE sounds in my ears. To me, it sounds, bassy, thick, dark, voluminous.

Exactly, I was totally expecting some kind of hump on the lower side. The word you used to describe ATE are just perfect. 

Mar 5, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #9,935 of 64,190
My ear canals don't get along with stock KZ tips - I think my ear canals are too narrow. Only the foamies work if I pinch em right before they go in, the silicone ones give driver flex - even small.
'Driver flex'.. Is that the sound I get with some of my iems (with silicone tips) when I put them in my ear canal? Clicks like the membrane is pushed in too far. I was thinking my eardrum was giving me problems, perhaps not clean enough or a bit moist from showering...

Mar 5, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #9,936 of 64,190
OK not sure why but I've been listening to this Black Light Syndrome disc constantly for days now and randomly tried track 2 with the EDR2 and it was OK but they need burn-in so mute point. Tried the Puro IEM500 and just wasn't happening so threw on the ED3 Acme and BAM! this is sounding good now...rockin' deep bass and crunchy highs I'm liking these little b@$t@rds more and more...
:beerchug:

Which one is the most neutral? And are the ed3 s3 or acme and others the same? I really lost in kz land regarding the ed3s...

Mar 5, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #9,937 of 64,190
  Exactly, I was totally expecting some kind of hump on the lower side. The word you used to describe ATE are just perfect. 

I found the ATEs very tip-dependant. For the past week I used them with the silicone stock large tips and they where balanced for my taste. A little bit veiled at the mids, but not too much that it would take away the enjoyment. Been listening to classic lately and these do a fine job with micro and macro dynamics and detail. 
Yesterday I did some tip rolling. Tried the stock foamsies but the fit was irregular. Double flanges (MEEelec) where also too irregular and prone to small variations of leakage though movement. The I tried the Sony Hybrids, large, and the sound went totally south. Dull, boomy, no treble, no nothing to write home about... And the Sony's are my favourite tips so far with many other earphones, mainly for fitting comfort and isolation. Back to the stock silicones I went. 

Mar 5, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #9,938 of 64,190
'Driver flex'.. Is that the sound I get with some of my iems (with silicone tips) when I put them in my ear canal? Clicks like the membrane is pushed in too far. I was thinking my eardrum was giving me problems, perhaps not clean enough or a bit moist from showering...

Same problem with my ED3. I was thinking some problem with my ear, but found it is issue with the right earphone only. How do i get rid of it?? 

Mar 5, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #9,939 of 64,190
Mar 5, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #9,940 of 64,190

Same problem with my ED3. I was thinking some problem with my ear, but found it is issue with the right earphone only. How do i get rid of it?? 

Same here with KZ ATE and **** UE, with multiple tips, tho they are falling out quite often and sound veiled/blurry UNLESS I move my bottom jaw to the right slightly, as much sense as it makes it relieves the pressure of the ear channel off of both of my ears and it actually sounds great, could likely be a tip issue with me, as I use the stock tips, since I don't have a collection of any kind. However, I couldn't really go any smaller either, I'm using small eartips and it's still producing driver flex and feels like a plunger inside my ear when inserting/inserted :frowning2:.

Mar 5, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #9,941 of 64,190
  Same here with KZ ATE and **** UE, with multiple tips, tho they are falling out quite often and sound veiled/blurry UNLESS I move my bottom jaw to the right slightly, as much sense as it makes it relieves the pressure of the ear channel off of both of my ears and it actually sounds great, could likely be a tip issue with me, as I use the stock tips, since I don't have a collection of any kind. However, I couldn't really go any smaller either, I'm using small eartips and it's still producing driver flex and feels like a plunger inside my ear when inserting/inserted :frowning2:.

What about the ZS1? they fall out easily too?

Mar 5, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #9,943 of 64,190
  Don't have them, not a fan of extremely bassy earphones, prefer balanced neutral ones instead, but likely yes, I don't believe I ever got a single IEM to fit properly, not even the piston 3s.

Yep me too, but if the ZS1 are good fit then ZS2 will be too and hopefully ZS2 will be a sort of ZN1 without the amp but with the mic, instead of super bass

Mar 5, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #9,944 of 64,190
right side here also... Coincidence I guess, 50%chance. Latest one was the ZN1 mini. Also **** UE does have this issue, but still nice fit. Also EDR2 has quite some issues with fitting in the canals. Not yet into foam, I guess I might try some cheap ones first (fit size)

Mar 5, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #9,945 of 64,190

which tips you are using with ED3? anything from KZ or aliexp???

I'm using tips from my Puro IEM500's...thought I was using Auvio's but checked and they are the stock medium(ish) Puro's. What size are you?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back