Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 8, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #9,976 of 64,190
  So I guess these are better then. They have everything that's clear, and lot of instrument separation too. But I dont understand. Do these also have crossovers? Cuz with crossovers, if the ZS1 have them, things should be more well balanced, no? And is it more than that? Different drives too, in both of these? Different how? Sorry if I'm asking you a lot of these questions.

No crossover circuits present in the ZS1 / ZN1. The drivers even look a lot different. I own ZS1 and ZN1 mini and the drivers are definitely different. I had even posted a pic here somewhere in this thread.

Just one advice, there are lot of better alternatives which will nicely complement sound of ZN1. Go for those. ZS1 is okay but there are better options if you prefer more balanced sound. ZS1 are strictly no-no if you are expecting even remotest of the balanced sound. 

Mar 8, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #9,977 of 64,190
Maybe I've been lucky as well, out of the dozen KZ iem's I now posses the only problem I've had was one pair of my 3 ATE has red on both brass cable attachment housings, no sound issues whatsoever but a build/QC problem! For the price of all the KZ's I'm very happy with their products:D  

I also think the original amped ZN1 is a killer headphone but just bad layout for amp location and cable length between the amp and ears:frowning2:

looks like a retro style hearing impaired auxiliary for the elderly... Quite ugly actually

Mar 8, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #9,981 of 64,190
I'm so very totally serious. All them kids and their hips. Mmhmm.
wink.gif

I've actually gotten several props for using both the supplied clips in this manner, the ZN1 is a great headphone if your just sitting back in your easy chair and they stay put if your fetchin' a cold one
wink_face.gif
Kids, what do they know
blink.gif
Except maybe to make some smart-elic remark about some old guy
eek.gif
LOL

Of course right this minute I'm listening to a hole notha animal!!

Mar 8, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #9,982 of 64,190

I've actually gotten several props for using both the supplied clips in this manner, the ZN1 is a great headphone if your just sitting back in your easy chair and they stay put if your fetchin' a cold one
wink_face.gif
Kids, what do they know
blink.gif
Except maybe to make some smart-elic remark about some old guy
eek.gif
LOL

Of course right this minute I'm listening to a hole notha animal!!

I was not poking fun at anyone in particular, least of all you Podster. If you recall I was one of those that gave you props for your creative use of shirt clips to harness that beast. I was just having some fun with @j0p3Y's comment.

The FLCs are pretty nice aren't they? :)

Mar 8, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #9,983 of 64,190
I was not poking fun at anyone in particular, least of all you Podster. If you recall I was one of those that gave you props for your creative use of shirt clips to harness that beast. I was just having some fun with @j0p3Y
's comment.

The FLCs are pretty nice aren't they? :)

Oh I know but as old as I am I have teenage boys and anytime I get a chance to mess with kids I imbibe:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I too was just guving j03 a little razzing for the hearing aid box on my chest. It's really a nice little iem for the money however poorly laid out the design! Now these FLC's are in a whole other catagory but for $350 it very well should be:smirk:

I have a feeling some of the big boys will have to sit up and take notice when FLC releases thise CIEM's they are working on:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: As far as I can tell the Shanling M2 with these FLC8s are a fame changer at the $600 price point. I current have the Lotoo PAW5000 with the FLC's and it's a sweet hiwever quirky little DAP and maybe $50 to $75 over what it should be but still a good soundins unit. Just got thise in as I'm ending my time with Aune A2/B1 in a couple days. A2 is nice and in blurr just gorgeous with very goid sound but chassis is a little large and sounds hollow when it taps another solid object but my teal con is it's battery life and ability to hold its charge:disappointed: But that B1 amp is a hoss, clean and powerful, the trick little LED's inside remind me of theprotection cicuit LED's on my BAT VK-200:thumbsup:

Cheers:beers:

Mar 9, 2016 at 1:52 AM Post #9,984 of 64,190
Just received EDR2, I like them out of the box! Definitely one of the KZs which are good at highs. The bass quantity is enough. Well these are just OOTB impressions. I'll give these proper burn in and tip roll to extract best out of. 

The design is almost like EDSE. It improves on EDSE in some ways. I'm very confused whether the material used in construction is metal or plastic. It looks like metal but at the same time it also does look like plastic (as in case of DT3). Cable is the same generic KZ cable. 

UPDATE : The material is certainly metal. I help the earphone in the sunlight for some time and the earphone body got heated up. Plastic bodies don't heat up much.

Also got my VE monks and these are good. I need to spend more time though, which unfortunately I can't as I'm in office right now.

Here's how the EDR2 looks like. EDSE owners can see the difference.

Mar 9, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #9,985 of 64,190
Just received EDR2, I like them out of the box! Definitely one of the KZs which are good at highs. The bass quantity is enough. Well these are just OOTB impressions. I'll give these proper burn in and tip roll to extract best out of. 

The design is almost like EDSE. It improves on EDSE in some ways. I'm very confused whether the material used in construction is metal or plastic. It looks like metal but at the same time it also does look like plastic (as in case of DT3). Cable is the same generic KZ cable. 

UPDATE : The material is certainly metal. I help the earphone in the sunlight for some time and the earphone body got heated up. Plastic bodies don't heat up much.

Also got my VE monks and these are good. I need to spend more time though, which unfortunately I can't as I'm in office right now.

Here's how the EDR2 looks like. EDSE owners can see the difference.

Yeh i received them today your description sounds similar to mine which is a good thing, they are 100% better than my hds3 IMO, i found the hds3 had too much of a strong mid bass and the mids were unnaturally foward when i compared it to iems like the Puro IEM500 and joyroom E107. Back to the edr2 first impression much more balanced than the hds3 and bass is there not over powering but not lacking. Oh well off to the burner to get a more refined description.

Mar 9, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #9,986 of 64,190
A/b with edr2 and joyroom E107 both with around 2 hours worth of burn in time. Joyroom E107, immediate winner instruments separation is greater along with better soundstage airyness, listening to flac 24 bit Maroon 5-animals, i got lost in the track with the joyroom E107 (great instrument separation for price point) but with the Edr2 i felt the track sounded a bit crammed together making it sound as if some instruments were missing. Oh well just my opinion nevertheless erd2 is still a good budget earphone if u need a microphone and the build does seem stronger than the joyroom E107 and still definitely better than the hds3 imo.

Mar 9, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #9,987 of 64,190
EISENbricher Glad you're enjoying the EDR2. Design is identical to the EDse, just made with aluminum instead of cast iron or whatever they used, haha. I posted pics way back with the two side by side. Can't recall which page.

*Edit: EDR2 nozzle might be longer. Will have to double-check.*

SilentCinema

I agree that the EDR2 are 100% better than the HDS3. Those ended up being a big disappointment, though not nearly as much as the HDS2. Those are a real stinker :frowning2:

Mar 9, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #9,988 of 64,190
Does anybody have a problem with their KZ ZN1? I used mine several times and didn't had any problems, then I sold it and the buyer says the battery life is like 1 hour and the amp keeps producing a cracking noise.

Mar 9, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #9,989 of 64,190
  Does anybody have a problem with their KZ ZN1? I used mine several times and didn't had any problems, then I sold it and the buyer says the battery life is like 1 hour and the amp keeps producing a cracking noise.

Mine still work great Majin, make sure that he has put a full charge on them and if he's running them amp on or amp off. Make sure he's plugged all the way into the DAP. It can be a little quirky at first but once you have it down it's a breeze. Maybe they just ended up not liking them and what's driving their complaint!
Though this DAP did not need them they still sounded very sweet with them
wink_face.gif

Mar 9, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #9,990 of 64,190

Mine still work great Majin, make sure that he has put a full charge on them and if he's running them amp on or amp off. Make sure he's plugged all the way into the DAP. It can be a little quirky at first but once you have it down it's a breeze. Maybe they just ended up not liking them and what's driving their complaint!
Though this DAP did not need them they still sounded very sweet with them
wink_face.gif

Ye i'm really wondering if he just doesn't like it and is complaining about all those things. I've never had any cracking sound except if i turn on the amp and then touch the gold plated connecter with my fingers. Battery life was never under 1 hour so i am wondering if he is exaggerating it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back