Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 12, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #10,066 of 64,162
I have Monks and since yesterday I've been a proud owner of KZ EDR2 :) first impressions are positive, after burning in during the night today I've listened to them outside and it looks like I will throw them to the bottom of my drawer :)

Throw what?

Mar 12, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #10,068 of 64,162
Second that: I wanna know too! Which one will you be throwing to the bottom of the drawer, and why ??

I third that and I don't even have mine yet! This sounds to be a job for the right tip:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Mar 12, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #10,069 of 64,162
sorry guys, I was too quick to type and forgot about NOT and as short as it is, the lack of this word can make unnecessary commotion :) KZ EDR2 are good enuff to stay in my ears, I guess they will be my outdoor IEMs, well in a few days I will have KZ ATE so the competition will only get tougher :)

Mar 12, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #10,070 of 64,162
Hi, I would love a recommendation.
I'm looking for an IEM below $30, that's as analytical and with as much as possible, a touch of bass (or none) and good isolation. I want something that will give me music as close to the producers intended and I want to hear the detail that I couldn't hear in typical lower tier IEMs. They should also be preferably durable because I want to workout in them (hence the need for isolation as well). I have the seinheisers cx300ii and they sound kind of muddy to me. I had the Panasonic Ergo Fit RP-HJE123-Y but they sounded terrible to me. I also have the Superlux HD668B and they are pretty close to perfect except for the painful highs and overbearing brightness. I'm not sure if it's because I didn't like the treble? They sounded better when I EQed them with reduced treble. My Monoprice 8320 just died on me and I really enjoyed it. I hope to look for an upgrade from it or at least something of the same level.
Anyway I've been reading this thread and heard good things. I'm also considering Vsonic Vc02 but the brain-implant deep insertion is putting me off (it costs $30 where I am). Any suggestions besides Kz IEMs are welcome. Thanks.

Ostry kc06 is as close as you can get. Otherwise kz hds1 is one I really enjoy.

Mar 12, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #10,071 of 64,162
Ostry kc06 is as close as you can get. Otherwise kz hds1 is one I really enjoy.

Since Kz hds3 is a newer version should I get that instead? Do they sound different?
What about Kz e9 erd2 s4 and e10? Is the hds on par with them or better than them in terms of accuracy/detail?
I forgot to mention that I mainly listen to pop songs (Demi lovato, Cher Lloyd, little mix, etc) and lectures, I also watch movies a lot.

Also which Kz iem has the best isolation?

Mar 12, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #10,072 of 64,162
Since Kz hds3 is a newer version should I get that instead? Do they sound different?
What about Kz e9 erd2 s4 and e10? Is the hds on par with them or better than them in terms of accuracy/detail?
I forgot to mention that I mainly listen to pop songs (Demi lovato, Cher Lloyd, little mix, etc) and lectures, I also watch movies a lot.

Also which Kz iem has the best isolation?

Hds1 seems to be better, if only for its quality control. Ed9 is also lovely, brighter than hds1 but natural on its own way of sounding too.

Mar 12, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #10,076 of 64,162
Bloated muddy bass. I like the ate far more.

Maybe they are ok with just a smartphone but I always amp and I am a basshead. I wanted to like them but they were inferior to the ate. They sound like a silver ate with an unnatural mid bass hump that is unbalanced and boomy in a bad way when amped.

Mar 12, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #10,078 of 64,162
sorry guys, I was too quick to type and forgot about NOT and as short as it is, the lack of this word can make unnecessary commotion :) KZ EDR2 are good enuff to stay in my ears, I guess they will be my outdoor IEMs, well in a few days I will have KZ ATE so the competition will only get tougher :)

So EDR2 is best solution for microphone use with a smartphone..  Right? 

What about ED9 and ATE....?

I want to buy one of the three ( EDR2,  ED9 and ATE) 

give me a hint... 

I want to use them with my MEIZU smartphone 

I want clear and loud quality in my ears and in the microphone quality... 

Mar 12, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #10,079 of 64,162
Hi everyone, it seems I am a little late for the KZ party (just getting in).
I've been reading a lot about KZ IEM on this thread, but it's 10,000 posts long and still haven't catch up yet (currently am on page 207, and it will take me a couple weeks to catch up).
After reading about many KZ models like R1, R3, DT3, ANV, CKW, CM9, I tried to purchase them on AliExpress, but most of them are all sold out, long ago, sadly. 

Just a few of them are still out there, but at very high prices. My question is:

If you were me, would you consider buying the following models at the following prices?

1. KZ ANV at USD$27.50?

2. KZ C1 at USD$18?

3. KZ CKW Pro at USD$45?

4. KZ CM9 at USD$16?

You talked a lot of good things of all those models, but a year ago, when their prices were less than USD$10.

Would you still buy those models at their current price?

Thank you very much for your answers.

Mar 12, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #10,080 of 64,162
  Hi everyone, it seems I am a little late for the KZ party (just getting in).
I've been reading a lot about KZ IEM on this thread, but it's 10,000 posts long and still haven't catch up yet (currently am on page 207, and it will take me a couple weeks to catch up).
After reading about many KZ models like R1, R3, DT3, ANV, CKW, CM9, I tried to purchase them on AliExpress, but most of them are all sold out, long ago, sadly. 

Just a few of them are still out there, but at very high prices. My question is:

If you were me, would you consider buying the following models at the following prices?

1. KZ ANV at USD$27.50?

2. KZ C1 at USD$18?

3. KZ CKW Pro at USD$45?

4. KZ CM9 at USD$16?

You talked a lot of good things of all those models, but a year ago, when their prices were less than USD$10.

Would you still buy those models at their current price?

Thank you very much for your answers.

I would say no...buy the ED3c and listen to it for awhile. I have heard the anv is good and I can say with experience the CM9 is not. I have many KZ's and my advice would be go with the ED3c.
Then as you read you could pick up a few more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back