Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 22, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #12,229 of 64,210
Just got my ZST,proof:

I gotta go in 10 mins, but first impressions:
The bass is strong and deep, but maybe a bit bloated.
Highs sound a bit veiled, completely overshadowed by the bass in some songs that I thought were quite balanced in the amount of bass vs vocals when listening with my dunu dn 1000s. Weaker than the VE Monk+ in that aspect.
Listening to a purely bassy song (Tobu-Sapphire), it extends quite bass and is punchy, so bassheads might like these more.  
Take this with a grain of salt, I don't have much experience with reviews 

Sep 22, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #12,230 of 64,210
Alright thanks, I've heard stories about Gearbest never shipping out/shipping out really hate (more than a month). Hopefully that isn't the case for me.

Word of caution: My ZS3 bought 7 days back is still not shipped from Gearbest. This also my first purchase from gearbest.

Mine ZS3 from Gearbest came yesterday. No problem ať all.

Sep 22, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #12,233 of 64,210
Bought my ZS3 on 3 Sept still havent receive it yet but the status said it have already shipped out so I am guessing i should be receiving it in a week or two. Bought it from gearbest too

Back in my days it was always +30 days. I am really surprised that they can deliver stuff in 10 days.

Sep 22, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #12,237 of 64,210

1. ED9 (gold filter)—the ZS3 has the bigger stage and more, tighter bass and the ED10  has better overall clarity, but the ED9 has that indefinable naturalness

Of course this is subjective, but... ED9 with gold filter and naturalness do not belong into one sentence, IMHSO
rolleyes.gif
 ED9 with gold filter is just too V-shaped signature. 
But maybe it`s about Your gear matchup or personal preferences, idk.

Sep 22, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #12,238 of 64,210
  Just got my ZST,proof:

I gotta go in 10 mins, but first impressions:
The bass is strong and deep, but maybe a bit bloated.
Highs sound a bit veiled, completely overshadowed by the bass in some songs that I thought were quite balanced in the amount of bass vs vocals when listening with my dunu dn 1000s. Weaker than the VE Monk+ in that aspect.
Listening to a purely bassy song (Tobu-Sapphire), it extends quite bass and is punchy, so bassheads might like these more.  
Take this with a grain of salt, I don't have much experience with reviews 

Thanks for your impressions! To be fair this doesnt really sound good... had hoped for a more balanced KZ with a sort of flat signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back