KOSS ESP-950 Thread
Nov 8, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #556 of 4,052
Quote:
 Oh, and the comfort is quite good too. better than the SR407 for my head - they exert less pressure on my cheeks and in front of the ears.

That is the only issue I have with the 407/507. I love the sound but the comfort level is not what I would hope for. While these are far more comfortable than the HE500's I sold, they still never come close to disappearing when worn like my T1's. I can wear them for hours but I can never forget that I am wearing headphones. The design places a lot of pressure on my cheeks and in front of my ears. They could have made the ear opening a bit larger and deeper to reduce this effect as it is barely large enough as it is.

Nov 8, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #557 of 4,052
That is the only issue I have with the 407/507. I love the sound but the comfort level is not what I would hope for. While these are far more comfortable than the HE500's I sold, they still never come close to disappearing when worn like my T1's. I can wear them for hours but I can never forget that I am wearing headphones. The design places a lot of pressure on my cheeks and in front of my ears. They could have made the ear opening a bit larger and deeper to reduce this effect as it is barely large enough as it is.

Wait, the ESP/950 ear-cup is barely large enough? Or the STAX?

Nov 9, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #559 of 4,052
Must be the gold and unobtanium plated 2500AD version with built-in oscilloscope to view the musical waveforms.

But, when all is said and done, it's still only half an Orpheus.

Nov 9, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #562 of 4,052
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/KOSS-ESP-950-Electrostatic-Headphone-/160918437556?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item25777c7eb4

Nov 9, 2012 at 5:00 AM Post #564 of 4,052
sellers sometimes/often raise the price to ridiculous levels when they run out of stock or need to pause sales for other reason. If you click on that sold you'll see that it sold for a lower amount.

Nov 10, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #567 of 4,052
Quote:
I just got these babies!  And man, I will spend the next few days listening to them.

They really aren't as ugly/toy-like as I thought they would be, and they are light and comfortable.

Man, this hobby is getting expensive quick for me.  Starts off with a set of Shure e4c, and now this.  Just killing me.

If it makes you feel any better, in my opinion, the faster one gets to 'stats in this hobby, the cheaper it is.  
beerchug.gif

Nov 10, 2012 at 5:55 AM Post #570 of 4,052
I sent the seller an eBay message, but there has been no reply.  Could just be some pricing software gone mad.

I sold stuff on Amazon using pricing / inventory control software at one time, and out of the blue the software decided to set all my prices to $0.01 ....  I had all these orders to cancel, the robot at Amazon got cross with me about all my cancellations and was threatening to kick me off Amazon Merchants, the software company said it was my fault....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back