LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?
Mar 22, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #2,162 of 2,398
No, this is V2. New batch with new outer jacket color. :)

Mar 23, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #2,167 of 2,398

Quote:

Got my Q in yesterday! Super pleased with Steve's work.
It's the (puny) Norn V2  
tongue.gif

Not much of burn in or anything but I hear a veil lifted, soundstage is bigger. The cable just gets out of the way and let's the music go.
This is the most comfortable cable I've ever owned and will probably ever own. Ergonomics on Q cables take the cake by a wide margin over any other aftermarket cable.
May post more impressions after a hundred or so hours.

Quote:
No Neutrik plug?

Is that not a Rean plug?

Mar 23, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #2,168 of 2,398

Quote:
Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3
Nice sonic synergy w/ the LCD-3s

Absolutely, I've been using this cable with LCD-2 rev1 for almost a year now.

Mar 23, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #2,170 of 2,398

Quote:
What's this business with "V2" of the Q-cables? Are their different options and versions?

No V2 Q. Same cable. Just different color/pattern for the cotton jacketing. A while back someone came to us and said they liked the pattern on the Norse Norn, and could we do the same pattern. I said yes and had our braiders make up some using the same medium brown/black of the Norn (this was also the same time I had the "Jackson Pollock" braid made purely for my own amusement). A short time later I had another batch made using the same pattern, but with dark brown/black. Someone posted an excerpt of an EMail from Norse saying they were out of their original Norn cable and would be coming out with a V2 Norn. It also said that the V2 would use the same pattern, but dark brown/black, which is what paradoxper's cables were made using and that's where his "V2" comment comes from.

My apologies for any confusion.

se

Mar 23, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #2,171 of 2,398
Still rocking my Q Purple People Eater cable. 

While I had a lot of people comment on the sound of my LCD 2s out of my LF I had even more people comment on the cable. They loved it to death at the Austin meet. A few people said they wanted to order one, and the owner of the K1000 even wanted a set with a fresh end so he could rewire his cans with it. 

It was nice to know my love of Steve's cable wasn't just internet fluff. It went over really well (especially since I had the only 4 pin LCD 2 cable there. :D )

Mar 23, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #2,172 of 2,398

Quote:
Still rocking my Q Purple People Eater cable. 

It's funny how things work out. Both the purple cables and the "Jackson Pollock" cables started life as something I did purely for my own amusement.

Our local NBA team is the Sacramento Kings. Their colors are purple, black, and silver. So I had my braiders make up two braids, one purple with black tracers and the other purple with silver gray tracers. And I made myself a set of Sacramento Kings cables. Then someone wanted a set of HE-6 cables and asked what color I would recommend. I said seeing as the HE-6's are black, I'd opt for black. They replied saying the HE-6's weren't actually black, but a really really dark plum purple. I jokingly replied, showing them a photo of my Sacramento Kings cables. Even though the purple wasn't anything like the purple of the HE-6's, they said that's the cable they wanted. That was surprising enough. I NEVER thought I'd see someone go so far as to put purple felt in their LCD-2's.
biggrin.gif

The Jackson Pollock started out as my attempt to make the ugliest cable in the world. So I told my braiders to grab sixteen colors off the shelf at random, throw them on the braider in no particular order and turn it loose. What I originally had in mind was that ugly-ass carpet padding that's made using numerous colors of scrap foam. Shortly after I'd received it, someone asked me about cable color options. I pointed them to the thread sample page on the website, and jokingly said if they couldn't make up their mind what color they wanted, I could always make them the carpet pad cable. And I'll be damned if they didn't say that's what they wanted. And truth be told, it actually started to grow on me as well. So I was forced to chalk up the world's ugliest cable project as a failure.
biggrin.gif

So yeah, funny how things work out.

se

Users who are viewing this thread

Back