LCD Fatigue
Apr 26, 2014 at 11:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Butler

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Folks,

I've had my set up of Gugnir -> Mjolnir -> LCD XC for about a week or two now.

I really loved it's sound and used it fairly consistently and ended up getting a 4 pin xlr straight through extension cable from Blue Jeans Cable so I could use it across the room, and more often.

Now when I'm using it it seems very very fatiguing at the old volume I used to listen at, which is about 8 oclock. Its seemingly grating at almost any volume. Both the Mjolnir and Gugnir I bought here and should be fairly burned in.

What do you think could be going on?

Apr 26, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #3 of 9
Maybe it has something to do with their being closed? That might depend on what you're used to.

Apr 28, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #4 of 9
Your ears need a break.  Take a few days off from headphone listening and let your ears recover.

That may be the case, but it seems somewhat sudden and my ears feel fine without them. I feel like something had happened almost. I dont think the cable could've done anything to harm the amp or the headphones, it seems to work as it should.

Apr 28, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #6 of 9
Maybe ask on the LCD-XC thread. Maybe someone's using it with those source/amp and has some insight.

Apr 29, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #7 of 9
Closed headphones, as mentioned here in this thread, can cause fatigue.  My Denon AH-D2000 can sometimes cause fatigue on some tracks.

The headphone may just have a peak where your ears are sensitive.  Try lowering one frequency band at a time with EQ and see if you can get

it to go away.  Otherwise you may have to look into other headphones or different music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back