LCD-X and XC Update
Apr 21, 2024 at 1:16 PM Post #2,716 of 2,740
how much more detail does the MM500 have versus the lcd x 21?
I heard both at canjams, twice, and at length.
I take the X every time.
LCD-5 is a little better!
Frankly, I told the Audeze reps, as a joke, to pull the X off the market! it is hard to justify the price of the LCD-5 against the X!
I personally wanted a closed back, so I got myself the XC 21.

Apr 22, 2024 at 8:05 AM Post #2,717 of 2,740
I heard both at canjams, twice, and at length.
I take the X every time.
LCD-5 is a little better!
Frankly, I told the Audeze reps, as a joke, to pull the X off the market! it is hard to justify the price of the LCD-5 against the X!
I personally wanted a closed back, so I got myself the XC 21.
xc vs lcd5 isn't really a contest, in my personal taste/opinion, but i agree that the xc is incredibly high value and one of those situations where they just hit it right. Though i'd bump basses a little. And allow for more swivelling of the cups to have a more transportable HP. And i noticed the screws over time tend to loosen up a little.

Apr 22, 2024 at 9:41 AM Post #2,718 of 2,740
xc vs lcd5 isn't really a contest, in my personal taste/opinion, but i agree that the xc is incredibly high value and one of those situations where they just hit it right. Though i'd bump basses a little. And allow for more swivelling of the cups to have a more transportable HP. And i noticed the screws over time tend to loosen up a little.
Not the XC (closed back), but the X (open back).
The LCD-X and LCD-5 are both open back planars, obviously the 5 is better, but is it over three times better? (1300 vs 4500)
I don't think so! but against MM500? I take the X, regardless of price.
Anybody who has an XC, and likes more bass, search for my simple mod. to get more deep bass, without touching the rest of the spectrum, distortion patterns etc. Just the deep bass.

Apr 22, 2024 at 11:16 AM Post #2,719 of 2,740
Not the XC (closed back), but the X (open back).
The LCD-X and LCD-5 are both open back planars, obviously the 5 is better, but is it over three times better? (1300 vs 4500)
I don't think so! but against MM500? I take the X, regardless of price.
Anybody who has an XC, and likes more bass, search for my simple mod. to get more deep bass, without touching the rest of the spectrum, distortion patterns etc. Just the deep bass.
Yeah to me it's literally the only "weakness"! Got a link to it or is it in the thread?
And of course, it's not "three times as much music as the other" lol

Edit: Found the mod, now time for some screwin'!

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2024 at 2:22 PM Post #2,720 of 2,740
Yeah to me it's literally the only "weakness"! Got a link to it or is it in the thread?
And of course, it's not "three times as much music as the other" lol

Edit: Found the mod, now time for some screwin'!
Don't remove the cups, change the screws one by one.
DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN, FINGER TIGHT IS PLENTY.

Apr 22, 2024 at 3:05 PM Post #2,721 of 2,740
Don't remove the cups, change the screws one by one.
DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN, FINGER TIGHT IS PLENTY.
Thanks for the heads up, first i plan on gently reducing their tightness and see what happens, only then i will try to remove screws selectively

Apr 27, 2024 at 9:28 PM Post #2,722 of 2,740
Hey all... about to listen to the LCD-XC (2021 revision) with the Mojo 2 > Violectric 202 for a while. Was wondering if anyone might have some Mojo EQ settings which might work nicely with the Audezes?

Cheers,

Alan

May 7, 2024 at 5:42 AM Post #2,725 of 2,740
I just finished comparing the LCD-X to the Focal Clear MG, hope some will find it useful or interesting :)

https://www.headphoneer.com/audeze-lcd-x-vs-focal-clear-mg-comparison-review/

1000028844.jpg

May 7, 2024 at 10:23 AM Post #2,727 of 2,740
Do you think that Mojo2 is powerful enough to move them both?
No disrespect to @ardilla , but LCD X is much much better than the Clear MG. The X is comparable to the top Focal headphones.
LCD X is very efficient, Mojo2 will have no problem driving it.

May 7, 2024 at 11:48 AM Post #2,728 of 2,740
No disrespect to @ardilla , but LCD X is much much better than the Clear MG. The X is comparable to the top Focal headphones.
LCD X is very efficient, Mojo2 will have no problem driving it.

Well, I personally prefer the LCD-X to the Clear but it's definitely not in the league of the Utopia

May 7, 2024 at 12:17 PM Post #2,730 of 2,740
Well, I personally prefer the LCD-X to the Clear but it's definitely not in the league of the Utopia
LCD-X and LCD-XC are very peculiar.
I think both can compete against LCD-5 and Utopia (Stellia for sure), sound quality is not far off.
Tuning, is not that good on either, I must admit, but resolution, low distortion and ease of drivability are way above norm.
I just EQ them, that's my only complaint.
But then again, we all have our opinions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back